British Speedway Forum
ReadingRacer2017

Charity Shield 1st Leg 19/03/18 - Belle Vue v Swindon

Could be the first Ice Speedway match in the UK... :rofl:

Edited by scottyfan

Thought you were supposed to name nominated charity before saying something is for charity.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, poolebolton said:

I thought you would have put him at 2. Simply to hide him a little bit in the early part of the season. 

Is the weather going to be ok?  

Agreed, i thought 2 would have been better position for the lad? 

Snow today but forecast sunny intervals Monday? Hopefully the melting snow won't have to much effect on the track 

Edited by WestGorton1884

BTW for anyone in any doubt the team in Red/White and Black is ...........oh hang on!!!?:D:P

9 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

BTW for anyone in any doubt the team in Red/White and Black is ...........oh hang on!!!?:D:P

Will be interesting when they are on tv with Nigel trying to pick out the riders, he even gets them wrong when the colours are totally different and sometimes not even in the race. 

• Like 1

Team photo suggests Tungate at 3 and Drozdz at 4. Bewley stays at 6 with Etheridge at 7.

What is the weather like up there Aces High, or anyone near the track ?

Snowy yesterday but melting gradually. Slightly about freezing but set to be warmer tomorrow.

• Like 1

Close over both legs, Roobins to edge it

• Like 1

Just been down to track. Weather not a problem at all. All systems go for what should be a good start to the season 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Aces High said:

Team photo suggests Tungate at 3 and Drozdz at 4. Bewley stays at 6 with Etheridge at 7.

This season the reserves can switch between 6 and 7 - Team Manager's choice - unlike in 2017 when the lowest averaged rider had to be at 7.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think Belle Vue should be too strong for Swindon tonight but as it's the opening meeting of the season I'll go for a 10-12pt Belle Vue win.