British Speedway Forum
ReadingRacer2017

Charity Shield 1st Leg 19/03/18 - Belle Vue v Swindon

7 hours ago, WestGorton1884 said:

" boy wonder Bewley " beat Swindon number 1 in heat 5, then seemed to suffer bike problems the rest of the night

Also Tungate didnt show any form as he was plagued by mechanical problems all night, 

Other than that  .... your analysis of the meeting (all the way from the south coast) is spot on :)

Apart from the riders were informed of the new start rule 10 mins before 1st race.

7 hours ago, WestGorton1884 said:

Bike problems all night , didnt finish a race , it happens to the best of riders especially so early in the season

Didn't finish a race all night?  That doesn't happen to the best riders, who are usually the best prepared.

• Like 3

You can be prepared as you like and just have absolutely no luck on any given night, it happens although fortunately not very often. Panning the poor chap is pretty harsh but not unexpected on this platform.....Belle Vue fans know what Tungate can do and won't be too concerned.

• Like 3

Sounds like a typical first meeting some riders better than expected others no so good, mechanical gremlins that need ironing out overall a good night's entertainment. It isn't what happens on the first meeting that define your season. 

• Like 2

Its as we expected. Would have been a very comfortable night if it wasn't for th gates ignition problems. Bewley bike sounded like a bag of spanners and struggled but still managed 2 wins and fastest time of season. He has the style to pay the bills for sure. Just watching him gives you enjoyment  whether 1st or last. 

Drozdz did his job. 5 points not a bad return from no3. He was getting better and faster each race. 

Cook looked slow but again he will iron out them problems soon enough. Jye did his job. Fricke sublime and fast. And that was the best I've seen Worrall. Fast us to g and fast upfront. He's with team revolution this year but is on his own engines and not jawas which should help him to push on and have a great season. 

Track held up well with all the snow. 

Swindon rode well also. So well done them getting within 6 points 

Edited by Phil The Ace

Well done to Mitchell davey. Hope you keep clear of injuries this year and get some reward for your perseverance 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Well done to Mitchell davey. Hope you keep clear of injuries this year and get some reward for your perseverance 

I have to agree - I had written him off before a wheel had turned.  One swallow does not make a summer but if he can keep it up - he may not be replaced early doors 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

I have to agree - I had written him off before a wheel had turned.  One swallow does not make a summer but if he can keep it up - he may not be replaced early doors 

He did better than expected so good for him.  It is early days so lets see how all the riders perform by the end of April

I'd swap Drozdz with Worrall.Drozdz did score 5 ,but in 2 races Tungate had e/f's. He did beat Wajtknecht twice and finished in front of Bewley once.

I know he's new ,but I think it would take a bit of pressure off of him.

Edited by Bald Bloke

Tungate's early season performance is a mirror image of last season isn't it?!  He'll undoubtedly come good - but will it be at BV?

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Tungate's early season performance is a mirror image of last season isn't it?!  He'll undoubtedly come good - but will it be at BV?

24 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

pathetic comment enough said 

Everyone needs to stop overreacting to Tungate's performance imo. 

Obviously something big went wrong in his first heat. Couldn't fix the problem by his next Heat and got excluded under 2 mins. Then he was virtually playing catch up whilst having problems with his bike/bikes all night long.

Just a bad night at the office and tbh its a nothing meeting anyway. All about getting rid of the rust and getting some laps in before the real stuff starts.

Edited by Matt Ford Fan
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

Rohan has tweeted that he had ignition problems all night.

Season over according to some posters on here!!!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, OldRacer said:

Didn't finish a race all night?  That doesn't happen to the best riders, who are usually the best prepared.

It was the very first meeting of the season , and bad luck like Tungate suffered last night 

CAN happen to the best of riders, no matter how well prepared