British Speedway Forum
ReadingRacer2017

Charity Shield 1st Leg 19/03/18 - Belle Vue v Swindon

6 minutes ago, WestGorton1884 said:

It was the very first meeting of the season , and bad luck like Tungate suffered last night 

CAN happen to the best of riders, no matter how well prepared 

sadly for him & the team that zero score will be the main factor in who lift's the shield? on Thursday nevertheless, i will be there for the outcome !! 

Edited by geoff58

7 hours ago, geoff58 said:

pathetic comment enough said 

7 hours ago, geoff58 said:

pathetic comment enough said 

Sorry, why was this a ‘pathetic ‘ comment?

7 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Tungate's early season performance is a mirror image of last season isn't it?!  He'll undoubtedly come good - but will it be at BV?

' Performance'? ,  he didnt finish a race ?

Looking forward to putting on all the thermals for the return tomorrow.

After 4 operations in 3 years I should be back to watching regular meetings again.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Aces51 said:

Rohan has tweeted that he had ignition problems all night.

Exactly. As I stated above a mirror image of Rohan's start to last season!!

55 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Exactly. As I stated above a mirror image of Rohan's start to last season!!

Did he have a meeting at the start of last season where he had ignition problems all night,  failed to finish in 3 of his rides and missed the 2 minutes in his other ride?

15 hours ago, EnglishRoundabout said:

Sorry, why was this a ‘pathetic ‘ comment?

He'll undoubtedly come good - but will it be at BV?

Probably because it's the first meeting of the new season,so yes it was a pathetic comment

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Willowman said:

So Rohan only has one machine then?

NO, he had 2 with him. But it was a meaningless meeting so his main priority was to fix his no1 bike and find what the trouble was. He found the problem and solved it after an extensive practice after the meeting. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

NO, he had 2 with him. But it was a meaningless meeting so his main priority was to fix his no1 bike and find what the trouble was. He found the problem and solved it after an extensive practice after the meeting. 

An autocratic decision or one made with the team managers consent?  Perhaps he could have left the diagnosis to after the meeting.  Surely scoring a few points would have been better than none swinging the balance more towards BV.

• Like 1

I'm sure Rohan thought they had fixed it when he came out for his third and fourth rides. On both occasions it seemed ok when he was coming  round to the tapes and he was in second place in both races when you could see he was losing power and then stopped. 

20 hours ago, Aces51 said:

I'm sure Rohan thought they had fixed it when he came out for his third and fourth rides. On both occasions it seemed ok when he was coming  round to the tapes and he was in second place in both races when you could see he was losing power and then stopped. 

Now that makes sense.  Thank you.