British Speedway Forum
ReadingRacer2017

Charity Shield 1st Leg 19/03/18 - Belle Vue v Swindon

21 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

BTW for anyone in any doubt the team in Red/White and Black is ...........oh hang on!!!?:D:P

I thought it was good when Swindon had "second" colours of purple race suits a few seasons back. It was linked to Excalibur sponsorship though, and soon disappeared. I like team colours, but Swindon and Belle Vue, for example, should have one side wearing different colours.

54 minutes ago, Grachan said:

I thought it was good when Swindon had "second" colours of purple race suits a few seasons back. It was linked to Excalibur sponsorship though, and soon disappeared. I like team colours, but Swindon and Belle Vue, for example, should have one side wearing different colours.

I remember that too. Eastbourne also have done it in the past too when they had red race shirts going back quite a few years in the days of David Norris and co.

Good luck to everyone for tonights meeting. With this weather, I have to say 'rather you than me!'

I hope its a safe and steady start for both teams, although I would prefer a thumping great win for Belle Vue.:D

2 hours ago, BobC said:

Good luck to everyone for tonights meeting. With this weather, I have to say 'rather you than me!'

I hope its a safe and steady start for both teams, although I would prefer a thumping great win for Belle Vue.:D

You might have to wait til they come to Wimborne Road. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Drozdz at 3 would suggest he’s settled to his home track very quickly in practise - can see Belle Vue a comfortable winner tonight....looking at the head to head in the lineups can only realistically see batchelor outscoring his opposite number in Drozdz at 3 around Belle Vue, maybe Wajtknecht against Etheridge

...but anything less than 15 point lead and I think Swindon will have a very good chance to turn the tie around! Makes for interesting viewing from afar and a great meeting to get the season started with! 

Last year Batchelor was superb at the NSS but unless Drozdz  is very poor I can see an Aces win by about 10.

It's been a long wait for the season to start so hoping for  some good close but safe racing.

Hope all riders end up safe,and the fans that brave the weather see some good racing.

The result doesn’t matter - it’s the first meeting of the season to blow the cobwebs away and for the riders to get match fit for the league campaign

• Like 3

Pretty much. I'll be interested to see how Drozdz gets on, sounds like they are confident him and if he really is good enough to be a heat leader he could be a steal at that average.

2 riders (Fricke & Wajtknecht) excluded for dismounting at the starting gates to "garden".

Tungate excluded for missing 2 minutes although if he had problems with his bike in heat 3, by the time he gets off his bike in the pits, he will only have had about 2-3 minutes to sort the problem before being out again in heat 5. As the time limit between races has been reduced from 5 to 4 minutes, if there is no track grading, jump on another bike.

10 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

2 riders (Fricke & Wajtknecht) excluded for dismounting at the starting gates to "garden".

Tungate excluded for missing 2 minutes although if he had problems with his bike in heat 3, by the time he gets off his bike in the pits, he will only have had about 2-3 minutes to sort the problem before being out again in heat 5. As the time limit between races has been reduced from 5 to 4 minutes, if there is no track grading, jump on another bike.

3 riders. Musielak hadbone as well.

Heat 15 stoped. Unsatisfactory start. Rider in white warned. Doesn't sound like new starting regs to me.

Well Mitchell Davey did better than zack W. And both beat boy wonder Bewley on his home patch tonight. Expected more from Bewley to be honest.

Tungate showed his UK form and Swindon showed a lack of heat winners. And both managers forgot to brief their riders about the new gardening rule. One would have thought once the first Swindon rider made the error it wouldn't have happened a second time.

You can't draw any conclusions from what is effectively a challenge match and not sure why anyone would attempt to to be honest. Other than to try and wind people up of course (yawn).

Must have been bloody cold spectating! Coming up for the 90th anniversary meeting on Saturday, looking forward to it.

• Like 1

So much hype about Aussie champ Tungate in the close season, as usual fails to deliver. 

Aces fans better hope he isn't starting 2018 like he did 2017.

First meetings gremlins out the way for those expecting better things. 

Good to see Stevie scoring big. Hope he has a big year. 

2 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

You can't draw any conclusions from what is effectively a challenge match and not sure why anyone would attempt to to be honest. Other than to try and wind people up of course (yawn).

Must have been bloody cold spectating! Coming up for the 90th anniversary meeting on Saturday, looking forward to it.

Why not bud ? Was no one trying ? 

As a brummies fan i have drawn the conclusion that Mitchell davey will be almost unbeatable in the third tier of he rides like he did tonight ...