British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
A ORLOV

Charity Shield 2nd leg 22/03/18 Swindon - Belle Vue

First home meeting for Swindon this season with a first leg result of BV 48 Swindon 42.

The robins should be able to get the better of BV at Blunsdon, providing some of them remember to stay on their bikes at the start gate and not get off to do any gardening.

http://www.swindonrobins.co/news.php?extend.3062

5 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

First home meeting for Swindon this season with a first leg result of BV 48 Swindon 42.

The robins should be able to get the better of BV at Blunsdon, providing some of them remember to stay on their bikes at the start gate and not get off to do any gardening.

http://www.swindonrobins.co/news.php?extend.3062

lucky for you tungate scored zero otherwise you would have been chasing 12/14 pts deficit  but that's speedway any rider can have engine problems ? may well happen to one of yours tomoz who knows ? but i will still be there cheering the ACES on to victory like we did last year at the Abbey it hold's no fear for our lads they ride it well remember max beating doyle 3 times in koc semi last season no probs !! can't wait to visit those toilets on back straight lol :lol:

54 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

lucky for you tungate scored zero otherwise you would have been chasing 12/14 pts deficit  but that's speedway any rider can have engine problems ? may well happen to one of yours tomoz who knows ? but i will still be there cheering the ACES on to victory like we did last year at the Abbey it hold's no fear for our lads they ride it well remember max beating doyle 3 times in koc semi last season no probs !! can't wait to visit those toilets on back straight lol :lol:

Just as lucky for you that two of our riders got off their bikes at the start and were put back 15 mtrs otherwise the score could have been the other way round.  Max was good but we have no fear of any of the other riders. 

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

Just as lucky for you that two of our riders got off their bikes at the start and were put back 15 mtrs otherwise the score could have been the other way round.  Max was good but we have no fear of any of the other riders. 

think you forgot fricke was also on 15  meters but he still managed to win heat 4 hmmm :lol:

21 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

think you forgot fricke was also on 15  meters but he still managed to win heat 4 hmmm :lol:

Did not forget him hence my comment about him, I thought I posted that he was good. :rolleyes:

Zach only picked up a point in heat 9 because of  Tungate's engine failure and probably wouldn't have done any better had he started from the gate.  Musielak wouldn't have scored anything  if he hadn't have been penalised in heat 13. He was against Cook and Fricke so his only realistic chance would have been to beat Morris for third. 

I know its early season, but  feel Belle Vue will be too strong for Swindon..    I thought Swindon got out of jail losing by only 6 pts in the first leg,.   

I don't see much difference between the heatleaders, or the reserves, but feel BV have the edge in the middle order.   Can see this finishing close, with that 6points lead being decisive....;)

Swindon will have more home advantage than Belle Vue had,IMHO 6 pts is not enough of a lead to take to Blunsdon. I will go with Swindon winning the Shield, hopefully it will be a good match, and more practice for when the real stuff starts.

50-40 to Swindon. 

• Like 1

Fantastic for The Aces on winning the 2nd leg and the Charity Shield without turning a wheel.

Luckily, the meeting isn’t raced on this forum and a timely reminder for those Aces fans is that last season the Robins minus Doyle won by 6 points against a full strength Aces team. RR garnered a measly 6 points so I think the chat is somewhat misplaced.

If RRRohan Tungate decides to get his act together then the Aces have a chance but Cook is average at Swindon and Swindon’s top 3 will sort him out.

I  fancy the Robins to be too strong and to win by 10.

2 minutes ago, hyderd said:

Swindon will have more home advantage than Belle Vue had,IMHO 6 pts is not enough of a lead to take to Blunsdon. I will go with Swindon winning the Shield, hopefully it will be a good match, and more practice for when the real stuff starts.

50-40 to Swindon. 

I agree.  I  also think Drozdz is going to take time to adapt to uk tracks. He was looking better towards the end of the meeting on Monday and I think will improve as the season goes on but it's too soon to expect him to score well tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Surprisingly for me. Drozdz main problem on Monday was his gating. It wasn't very good at all 

Looking forward to this, expect our top 5 just to edge it in the robins favour on the night, whether We can win by 8 remains to be seen. Hoping for a good start & no mishaps on track for any riders. Weather  looks set fair (if a little cold come give evening, saying that, it can be 30 degrees in the day & the Abbey is always cold). 

Edited by hyabb17

R oobins by 8

Not really bothered by the result of this early season opener.  The aim of tonight is for the riders to get match fit, get more time on track for their setups and to clear away the winter cobwebs.

I didn't think it would be close at BV and that's how it turned out.  The same could happen tonight! Swindon's 1-5 are fine and should outscore the opposition - just need the reserves to have a confidence building good meeting.

The important goal is to be ready for their first league meeting!

• Like 5