So much for all the Bewley hype.  

9 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

If only everyone was as perfect as you :rolleyes:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

I think the vast majority of us are relieved that we aren't anything like him :)

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Steve0 said:

Think someone in darkest Dorset is out for a spot of night fishing SteveO. :o Ain't worth biting. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Not hype a talented lad and he is  a decent lad  learning his trade what a Pathetic post  but what's new.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Steve you live off of  this myth on this forum that you try to guile a response off of somebody wind them up goad them into something.But for me you are pretty limited  in your knowledge and  i know at least 30 people who  i  respect would  rip you to shread in any debate on Speedway your best bet is to stay low profile if you can will your ego allow it.???

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Aces51 said:

Week done to the Robins, a good solid performance in both legs.  

For the Aces a better performance from Tungate, it looks as if he has sorted his ignition problems.  We just need to get Bewley going and give Drozdz time to settle. Far too early to make any firm judgements

No he hasn't sorted it fully, 2 of his races tonight his bike slowed and stopped, once before he got to the line and another just after the line.

On ‎21‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 7:19 PM, g13webb said:

I know its early season, but  feel Belle Vue will be too strong for Swindon..    I thought Swindon got out of jail losing by only 6 pts in the first leg,.   

I don't see much difference between the heatleaders, or the reserves, but feel BV have the edge in the middle order.   Can see this finishing close, with that 6points lead being decisive....;)

Congratulation to Swindon on winning the first trophy.    I got that all wrong in thinking BV would win. 

Hope the Pole is OK and not badly hurt...   Injuries is the last thing any team wants this early in the season.....

Turn 2 at the Abbey has always been tricky - I have seen many an incident on that bend and hope Drodz is ok.  A good start to the season but it was only a warm-up for both teams so best not read too much into the result.

Davey has started well and Morris has only won one race.  This new rule about gardening astride their steed is totally ill conceived and will catch riders out all season - old habits and all that.  Out of the many stupid rules over the years, the BSPA have excelled themselves with this one!

Well done to both teams :t:

Not a bad first meeting, some of the riders getting rid of the cobwebs as seen by some of them winning one race then coming last in their next.

Davey is scoring better than many predicted and it was obvious that as the meeting went on the majority of the Robins were getting back to their performance of last season.

Nick went out after the meeting to sort out a couple of issues he had during the meeting.

Craig Cook rode well and surprisingly Max did not do as I expected but along with Rohan put in reasonable scores.

Can still see improvements from the Robins in the next couple of meetings.

Congrats to Swindon on winning their 1st trophy, hopefully their only one this season ;). Don't want to read too much into this meeting mainly because I wasn't there, but for me the Aces lost it at the NSS.

Roll on Saturday now for the 90th anniversary meeting.

Not the best meeting to be honest but a fair enough scoreline.

Cook looked good early doors but didn’t have a lot of back up. TunneRRRs stepped up on his Monday showing but I was disappointed by Fricke, Worrall and Bewley. They are much better riders than their scores showed. 

Drodz struggled badly and his attempted ’backie’ with Tunners at 60mph so nearly paid off. I’ll be interested in his Trip Advisor report for the burger van after his unscheduled visit during heat 7.

Robins solid. Morris seemed down on power but the others all put in a good shift and no more so than that bloody nice French bloke who won heat 15 securing the evenings expenses on the match bet v Tunners.

A tough start against a potentially potent Lions line up next week awaits.

PS. Are you ok Geoff? 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

Not a bad first meeting, some of the riders getting rid of the cobwebs as seen by some of them winning one race then coming last in their next.

Davey is scoring better than many predicted and it was obvious that as the meeting went on the majority of the Robins were getting back to their performance of last season.

Nick went out after the meeting to sort out a couple of issues he had during the meeting.

Craig Cook rode well and surprisingly Max did not do as I expected but along with Rohan put in reasonable scores.

Can still see improvements from the Robins in the next couple of meetings.

The racing was terrible, up until heat 12 there hadn’t been a single pass or anyone close to even making a pass. Couple of oases in last few heats but that was heatleaders passing number 7’s which would always expect. It was all about gating and the gates were inconsistent.

Bloody freezing at the shabby Abbey last night. Still, a visit to the back straight bogs made it all worthwhile!

• Like 3