Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Ipswich V Lakeside Good Friday 2.15pm

On ‎22‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 1:04 PM, Stainlesssteelride said:

Updates are fantastic, but plenty of choice now with the ipswich twitter and facebook page and Bacon all doing their own, but none are as informative as the updates. They will need to have fast fingers now what with the one less minute between heats.

And just at the time my fingers are becoming more troublesome!

Saying that, I am hoping the meeting is got through fairly quickly, I've been called in on a shift for that evening, so it will be mad dash time.

When was the last time we met on a Good Friday? Probably is longer than it feels, but from memory the A12 is normally a right female dog and it will only worse now with more cars on the roads than ever, and the afternoon meeting tends to drags on and on, meaning a mad rush South for all concerned, I even recall one season they closed one or two of the exits to fans to allow the riders to get out first, I will do the home meeting definitely but the Ipswich leg? Very unlikely.

Looking at the weather forecasts can't see either meeting taking place:(

53 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

A bit ropey admittedly but it’s still a few days away and the forecasts change on a daily basis so fingers crossed. 

Very ropey  , the forecasts have been getting worse with each day that passes .  

Will be pleasantly surprised if these meetings go ahead .  

And if your looking for someone to blame try dontforgetthefueltapsbrv and his bloody rain dance !!!!;)

• Haha 1

Meet my mate - cheif pi$$ing down :P

indian-wall-art-Rain-Dancer-Native-American-Hand-Painted-Steel-Wall-Art.jpg

• Haha 4

Obviously despite me missing out I would prefer it to be a mild dry day with a bumper crowd similar to last years finals so that the club has a big financial boost to its coffers B)

2 hours ago, Stainlesssteelride said:

Speedway on a damp cold afternoon? Eww. 

Better than a damp ewe on a cold afternoon......

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It's certainly not looking good weather wise for either of these meetings to go ahead on Friday,  I think our best chance to see some speedway this weekend is at Peterborough on Sunday. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Super Blue said:

It's certainly not looking good weather wise for either of these meetings to go ahead on Friday,  I think our best chance to see some speedway this weekend is at Peterborough on Sunday. 

Agreed

Well I’ve told the kids not to worry because I’ve come up with a plan B. Byron burger and then Cinema to watch Duck Duck Goose. 

I shouldn’t have mentioned it to them though cos they’ve now joined in with Taps’ “Chief pi$$ing down” rain dance :rolleyes::lol:

• Haha 2