British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Ipswich V Lakeside Good Friday 2.15pm

1 hour ago, Stainlesssteelride said:

Still got weeks of this rubbish weather yet.  

Nobody can say that for certain, even the professionals struggle to get it right from day to day let alone week to week. Everything could settle down next week and be dry for a month or we could have to wait until May for some settled weather. It's a complete lottery.

It’s a real shame if the weather wrecks the double header this Friday! I’ll be at Foxhall whatever if there’s a chance it’s on but I won’t be travelling away if the forecast is still so poor! Let’s just hope it changes and blows out before Friday!! 

2 hours ago, Stainlesssteelride said:

That's a good idea, let's all go for a burger. I'm up for that.

But you have to reveal your identity to join people for a burger..... :lol:;)

1 hour ago, Stainlesssteelride said:

Surely it would be a bit of a give away when I'm there? And you may be very disappointed.

You could be Mike Yarwood - If so we would never guess who you are really!!

Im not often disappointed (and certainly dont dwell on it) Im even over the cup final now!

Look for the positive in the situation/person is my policy. Make the best and move on - lifes too short.

Lets hope its on or it could be June before its rearranged if we want to use a Thursday

We have 2 reseved dates in April - 12th and 19th but Swindon now have fixtures on both those nights (including rearranged Leicester involving Danny) so Morris Ellis Zack W unavailable

Next free date is May 10th which is not reserved in Ipswich list but is in Swindon list so same unavailibilty could apply (plus Lakeside due in cup on 3rd anyway so would you want same team 2 weeks running)

So much for fixed race nights for each league.....

Letting swindon use Thursdays was not the best idea.  For them it helps I suppose,  but isn't Thursday an off night in the premier, as every other club is a Monday or Wednesday. So tough dog dung on swindon I say.

Edited by Stainlesssteelride

9 minutes ago, Stainlesssteelride said:

Letting swindon use Thursdays was not the best idea.  For them it helps I suppose,  but isn't Thursday an off night in the premier, as every other club is a Monday or Wednesday. So tough dog dung on swindon I say.

Tend to agree but common sense and speedway often dont mix

Will depend on whether it has been agreed that reserved dates take priority over rearranged fixtures or vice versa and whether clubs can be (and are) compelled to fill reserved dates when asked....

26 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Lets hope its on or it could be June before its rearranged if we want to use a Thursday

We have 2 reseved dates in April - 12th and 19th but Swindon now have fixtures on both those nights (including rearranged Leicester involving Danny) so Morris Ellis Zack W unavailable

Next free date is May 10th which is not reserved in Ipswich list but is in Swindon list so same unavailibilty could apply (plus Lakeside due in cup on 3rd anyway so would you want same team 2 weeks running)

So much for fixed race nights for each league.....

Dear God, we haven't even turned a wheel yet, and potential problems arising already!!

Thought the fixed race nights, were supposed to nullify this sort of thing!!

Perhaps if it is off on Friday there will be co-operation between the 3 in the group and  Lakeside visit on the 5th with Boro filling one of the April reserved dates...

• Haha 1

Judging by the current weather maps this meeting might go ahead as long as they get on with it promptly and even then they may have to declare after heat 10. As far as the rest of tomorrow and Monday goes the weather could wipe out the entire fixtures scheduled for those days. Poole have already postponed their match against Somerset tomorrow.