British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Ipswich V Lakeside Good Friday 2.15pm

5 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

Good report on Anglia news this evening on KL and mentioned the other fixtures this weekend but did show Ipswich at 1.15. I suspect that is an error but just in case, has the time of the meeting been changed?

Not as far as I know, certainly gates open at 1.15

What time does the meeting start ( if it’s still on ) I’m s long way away and trying to work out time zones do that I can follow online. 

1 hour ago, Jonny the spud said:

What time does the meeting start ( if it’s still on ) I’m s long way away and trying to work out time zones do that I can follow online. 

Its a 2-15pm parade start in Ipswich so that would be  3-15pm for you in  Bordeaux Jonny .

Although there's got to be serious doubt weather wise that it will even happen and as others have remarked it certainly won't produce the money spinning bumper crowd that a warm sunny day would likely have done.

Edited by Super Blue

I’m not in Bordeaux I’m in Goa. Looks like I’ll be cheering him on from a restaurant then ...

Well done to Lakeside for making an early call, its so important to gain the trust of the fan base early on the season, if you take a chance and have to call it off after everyone has travelled you will struggle to get that trust back every time the weather looks iffy.

The Ipswich leg is a little different as the weather isn't supposed to hit until start time, its a promoters worst nightmare, if it does go ahead they will need to race this meeting through in record time.

• Like 1

Well I for one wouldn't want to be in chris louis' shoes this morning, that's for sure.

I'd much rather an early call off. Trying to beat the weather with people inside the stadium does no one any favours.

6 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

I'd much rather an early call off. Trying to beat the weather with people inside the stadium does no one any favours.

You got your wish meeting postponed

Phew, at least now I don't have to feel guilty about having to go into work instead of going to speedway!

Looking at the radar it was totally the right decision, it will be raining in Ipswich by 2 and so the meeting would never have started.

A shame as I was looking forward to doing both meetings but right decision from both clubs.

Edited by liam