British Speedway Forum
SharpenRake

Glasgow v Edinburgh 23 March 2018 7.30pm, 1st leg Scottish Cup

First meeting of the Scottish season. Lots of questions to be answered on both sides. How will the newbies do, will edinburgh fans bother turning up, will the track hold out after the changes and more importantly will the winter weather result in a postponement. 

Really looking forward to this one (weather permitting!). Not so much because I expect a Monarchs victory but just to get the season going and the buzz back with a local derby!

From an Edinburgh perspective we should have the advantage at reserve so need to make the most of that to keep it close. It's a very difficult start for Max and Joel against a strong Glasgow top 5 but it will be interesting to see how they go. I would be pleased with anything below a 10-point defeat to keep us in contention of lifting the Cup next Friday.

Glasgow 51-39 Edinburgh

1 hour ago, JanAnderson said:

Monarchs by 15

Really want to double our charity bet on that one.

4 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Really want to double our charity bet on that one.

I was being pessimistic too. 

The widening of the track will suit our superior motorcyclists. Done by heat 8.  

6 minutes ago, JanAnderson said:

I was being pessimistic too. 

The widening of the track will suit our superior motorcyclists. Done by heat 8.  

Think you might still be within touching distance at heat 8 ;).

Not to bothered about the result with it being our first meeting of the season, as long as we don’t disgrace ourselves.

looking forward to seeing max and Joel in competitive action to see how they get on not expecting too much against a strong Glasgow top 5. 

Also looking forward to seeing if the alterations to the track make any difference to the racing or still be follow the leader.

Home win

Just now, soupy said:

Home win

Thinking the weather might win with rain forecast for much of tomorrow.

Rain and 6 degrees. With quite a few blank Fridays over the season did we really have to start in March.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Not to bothered about the result with it being our first meeting of the season, as long as we don’t disgrace ourselves. 

The Blob getting excuses in early and all is right with the world.

6 minutes ago, Joseq7 said:

The Blob getting excuses in early and all is right with the world.

You’ve got me there, getting my excuses in early for what is a pre season friendly effectively, where it’s mainly about getting competitive laps in before the real stuff starts. 

I’m more bothered about getting there!!!  It took me 1.5 hours to get to the Cairn Hotel on Tuesday and tomorrow I will have to factor in the Glasgow traffic too...... the quicker Glasgow revert back Sunday afternoon, the better :D

3 minutes ago, Gr8scot said:

I’m more bothered about getting there!!!  It took me 1.5 hours to get to the Cairn Hotel on Tuesday and tomorrow I will have to factor in the Glasgow traffic too...... the quicker Glasgow revert back Sunday afternoon, the better :D

The new stretch of M8 Harthill through to Shawhead has certainly helped ease the strain and being a Friday it eases off earlier. Will be more congested getting out of Edinburgh than getting into Glasgow.

But you know the Script give yourself 30 minutes finger twiddling time and it should be all good.

Weather permitting of course.

Does anyone know the 2 teams riding order please? Only asking so I can set the updates up tonight rather than rushing around after work tomorrow