British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Lukas

speedway on Premier sports 2018

2 hours ago, Noodles said:

They're launching a HD channel on Sky in May

It's unlikely to be on Freeview due to space/cost considerations. Hopefully it'll be on Virgin Media as well as Sky when it does launch. I understand talks are continuing. It seems the hold up has been about VM wanting to carry Premier and Freesports as part of their top package without extra charge with Premier holding out for a separate monthly fee. Effectively Freesports and the customers are caught in the crossfire. 

Edited by RobMcCaffery

32 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

It's unlikely to be on Freeview due to space/cost considerations. Hopefully it'll be on Virgin Media as well as Sky when it does launch. I understand talks are continuing. It seems the hold up has been about VM wanting to carry Premier and Freesports as part of their top package without extra charge with Premier holding out for a separate monthly fee. Effectively Freesports and the customers are caught in the crossfire. 

Freesports HD channel launching on digital satellite only - to start with anyway. So basically Sky & Freesat

Edited by Noodles

On 4/6/2018 at 12:05 PM, RobMcCaffery said:

I think we can take this as confirmation of Sunday ;)

Image may contain: motorcycle and text

Strange the Sky epg says nothing about this -- Rugby League backchat  3-4pm and then IIHF UI18 Korea V Gt Britain at 4 -6pm

2 hours ago, mike1944 said:

Strange the Sky epg says nothing about this -- Rugby League backchat  3-4pm and then IIHF UI18 Korea V Gt Britain at 4 -6pm

on SKY guide now

6 hours ago, mike1944 said:

Freesports send out their schedule - the various services list it on their epg. Freesports then change it and eventually the epgs are changed to match, some quicker than others, clearly. 

12 hours ago, Noodles said:

Freesports HD channel launching on digital satellite only - to start with anyway. So basically Sky & Freesat

I'm pretty sure that's what I said ;) Thank you for the confirmation.

It's not expected to appear on Freeview due to space/cost considerations and they are reported to be still negotiating with VM over cable carriage. 

Edited by RobMcCaffery
  • Like 1

Binned off my prem sports subscription as its all Freeport's now..hopefully it will stay like that.

This is from Dave Goddards Twitter feed last Thursday.

Right, as I've had people asking for months about the live Speedway coverage on Premier Sports/Freesports, I think it's finally time to respond.

The reason I have not been commentating on the live Polish League meetings so far this year is because, due to them now being covered live, I am unable to travel to the studio and commentate due to my various car racing commitments.

Therefore a new commentator has had to be brought in to cover them, and he is learning the job as he goes as he is new to speedway.

I will however be covering the Swedish Elitserien live on Tuesday evenings this summer, beginning on May 8th (my birthday) and when the new commentator is not available will cover some of the Polish matches delayed. So international speedway has not lost my services!

5 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Looks as if Tuesday`s match live on Premier sports(and Eleven sport 1 in Poland) is Vastervik v indianerna.

Your mention of Eleven Sports reminds me of a bit of media news from the past week. Despite not having a broadcast channel in the UK Eleven have outbid Sky for the UK rights to Spanish La Liga football. This may be offered as online streaming or it could mean that they are considering launching a UK channel. With their involvement in Polish speedway it might be an interesting development over here in time. 

9 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Looks as if Tuesday`s match live on Premier sports(and Eleven sport 1 in Poland) is Vastervik v indianerna.

Then Rospiggarna vs Vetlanda the following week according to the TV schedule.

Good to see the Swedish Elite League being shown on Freesports albeit not actually live.

9 hours ago, tellboy said:

Good to see the Swedish Elite League being shown on Freesports albeit not actually live.

It seems we have to wait for the next Polish match on Freesports - Sunday 20th May 10pm

Edited by Noodles

54 minutes ago, Noodles said:

It seems we have to wait for the next Polish match on Freesports - Sunday 20th May 10pm

That's because there are no Polish league matches next weekend due to the Polish GP in Warsaw as i understand it.

3 hours ago, Noodles said:

There is a Poland vs Denmark meeting on 13/5/18 starting at 1:45 British time on Polsat Sport Extra. Don’t know if this will be shown by Premier/Freesports however.