British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
thebaron

Scunthorpe v Edinburgh 01 April - Meeting Presentation

Things that occur to me are ?

With just over a week to the start of what promises to be an incredibly exciting season for Scunthorpe Scorpions; just wonder if we are going to polish up the presentation during meetings ?

Have we some "catchy Twitter strap lines" we can throw out there to "catch the eye"

Are we hitting all the local pages of the "Scunthorpe dedicated" Facebook + Twitter groups to advertise the Speedway is on and Scunthorpe & surroundings cannot afford to miss this !

Could we do a "loss leader" for the first meeting; say kids in free ? or a family of 4 in for a reduced price; or a little give away for the kids on the gate; free Easter egg ?

Meeting "build up" as spectators arrive - choosing the right "backing tracks" for example: I have "Welcome to the Pleasure Dome" by Frankie Goes to Hollywood whirring around my head as great build up tune. There are others too of course.

Close the meeting with a regular "Scunthorpe Theme Tune" can I suggest "Lets Go Round Again" by the Average White Band - great tune yes but also its kinda of what we want people to have in their heads as they walk away ...because we want them to come back again and again.

How about photo opportunities pre-meeting ? in front of the pits - say the pits was roped across and fans had the chance to file past and a photo ?

How about being able to have your photo with the whole team ? again at an appropriate time ?

Pre-meeting presentation; would it be best to revert to the "old school" march on of both teams and officials (weather permitting) and introductions.

Get "Barry in the Box" to sort his Ipod out and get some proper tunes on between heats; basically if he plays the 80's its sorted !

Are we having "theme tunes" for each rider this season ?

Can we make sure the "Start Marshall" hands the chequered flag to the winning Scorpions rider after every heat - because I reckon we will be winning our fair share of heats !

How about getting some Scorpions flags made up for fans to wave especially on the home straight; that adds to the atmosphere.

Rob; will be host with the most no doubt; but to keep things "moving and informative" can we have a roving mike in the pits to get some rider reaction for the crowd where time and events permit - so a "co host" to work with Rob ?

Make sure the tannoy system is at the right level so the scores and times are clear between heats !; obviously backed up with our electronic scoreboard.

Steve Worrall mentioned a post match 15-20min "presser" by one of the team to answer any questions fans have - understand this happens at Belle Vue.

This list has taken me 5 minutes to knock up; and is by no means exhaustive, and I am certain the management will have a lot of this covered. But we really have got a fantastic product this season and its is simply not to be missed.

Interested to hear what others think ?; might return to add more when I have minute.

Edited by the outsider

Belle Vue have an after meeting press conference following Aces and Colts meetings attended usually by a number of riders and stream it live on Facebook. It gets quite a few viewings and also gets fans into the Peter Craven suite and no doubt adds to the bar takings. 

Edited by Aces51

What are people expecting the riding order to be? 

1. Worrall

2. Nielsen 

3. Auty

4. Allen

5. Garrity 

6. Manzares

7. Phillips

Looks the best bet to me. 

On 22/03/2018 at 4:27 PM, the outsider said:

With just over a week to the start of what promises to be an incredibly exciting season for Scunthorpe Scorpions; just wonder if we are going to polish up the presentation during meetings ?

Have we some "catchy Twitter strap lines" we can throw out there to "catch the eye"

Are we hitting all the local pages of the "Scunthorpe dedicated" Facebook + Twitter groups to advertise the Speedway is on and Scunthorpe & surroundings cannot afford to miss this !

Could we do a "loss leader" for the first meeting; say kids in free ? or a family of 4 in for a reduced price; or a little give away for the kids on the gate; free Easter egg ?

Meeting "build up" as spectators arrive - choosing the right "backing tracks" for example: I have "Welcome to the Pleasure Dome" by Frankie Goes to Hollywood whirring around my head as great build up tune. There are others too of course.

Close the meeting with a regular "Scunthorpe Theme Tune" can I suggest "Lets Go Round Again" by the Average White Band - great tune yes but also its kinda of what we want people to have in their heads as they walk away ...because we want them to come back again and again.

How about photo opportunities pre-meeting ? in front of the pits - say the pits was roped across and fans had the chance to file past and a photo ?

How about being able to have your photo with the whole team ? again at an appropriate time ?

Pre-meeting presentation; would it be best to revert to the "old school" march on of both teams and officials (weather permitting) and introductions.

Get "Barry in the Box" to sort his Ipod out and get some proper tunes on between heats; basically if he plays the 80's its sorted !

Can we make sure the "Start Marshall" hands the chequered flag to the winning Scorpions rider after every heat - because I reckon we will be winning our fair share of heats !

How about getting some Scorpions flags made up for fans to wave especially on the home straight; that adds to the atmosphere.

Rob; will be host with the most no doubt; but to keep things "moving and informative" can we have a roving mike in the pits to get some rider reaction for the crowd where time and events permit - so a "co host" to work with Rob ?

Make sure the tannoy system is at the right level so the scores and times are clear between heats !; obviously backed up with our electronic scoreboard.

Steve Worrall mentioned a post match 15-20min "presser" by one of the team to answer any questions fans have - understand this happens at Belle Vue.

This list has taken me 5 minutes to knock up; and is by no means exhaustive, and I am certain the management will have a lot of this covered. But we really have got a fantastic product this season and its is simply not to be missed.

Interested to hear what others think ?; might return to add more when I have minute.

I would rather Barry sorts his false teeth out.

21 hours ago, Islander15 said:

What are people expecting the riding order to be? 

1. Worrall

2. Nielsen 

3. Auty

4. Allen

5. Garrity 

6. Manzares

7. Phillips

Looks the best bet to me. 

6. Phillips & 7. Manzares

Auty & Allen at 3 & 4 because of Auty's away form. Allen would be wasted at 2 going by his last years few meetings for us plus his link up this year with Doyle at Somerset.

On ‎22‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 4:27 PM, the outsider said:

Are we hitting all the local pages of the "Scunthorpe dedicated" Facebook + Twitter groups to advertise the Speedway is on and Scunthorpe & surroundings cannot afford to miss this Getting the message out is one of the main issues that needs acting on in schools & motoring groups. Posters is another area as there are loads out there advertising the Circus!

Could we do a "loss leader" for the first meeting; say kids in free ? or a family of 4 in for a reduced price; or a little give away for the kids on the gate; free Easter egg ? We need to get the deserted fans back & new fans interested at a price. Kids for free & reduced family of 4 are both in our price list & have been for a while.

Meeting "build up" as spectators arrive - choosing the right "backing tracks" for example: I have "Welcome to the Pleasure Dome" by Frankie Goes to Hollywood whirring around my head as great build up tune. There are others too of course. The atmosphere at the EWR is an area that needs improving on & I have given a few ideas to Gail & Paul Duff mainly about having a proper DJ, who can use a mic correctly & have access to better tunes. Booming music at motor events like indoor motocross is the way to go not send yourself to sleep music.

How about photo opportunities pre-meeting ? in front of the pits - say the pits was roped across and fans had the chance to file past and a photo ? This is available pre-meeting before the pits are closed for warm up. I think it is 30 minutes. 

Can we make sure the "Start Marshall" hands the chequered flag to the winning Scorpions rider after every heat - because I reckon we will be winning our fair share of heats !  Again, I have mentioned this where a spare chequered flag handed to the heat winners at the pits so he can do a lap of honour although the new 4 minute rule might be a problem between heats.

How about getting some Scorpions flags made up for fans to wave especially on the home straight; that adds to the atmosphere. Flags & air horns

Rob; will be host with the most no doubt; but to keep things "moving and informative" can we have a roving mike in the pits to get some rider reaction for the crowd where time and events permit - so a "co host" to work with Rob ? We have a roving mic with Roger doing his interviews(if you can hear them)

10 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

6. Phillips & 7. Manzares

Auty & Allen at 3 & 4 because of Auty's away form. Allen would be wasted at 2 going by his last years few meetings for us plus his link up this year with Doyle at Somerset.

Tbf  when I posted previously I forgot that either reserve can be at number 7 now. 

On 3/22/2018 at 4:27 PM, the outsider said:

Well if DJ Barry dosent play the most obvious rider theme tune he wants kicking around the track,,,