British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Lakeside CS - Sunday 25th March

Peterborough kick off the 2018 season with the visit of Lakeside in the Championship Shield, weather this week has been good and the track is looking in excellent shape following extensive work.

Forecast for Sunday is also good and currently described as Sunny intervals and breezy.

Expected teams

Peterborough

Bacon, Grondal, Lambert, Lunna, Nicholls, Ostergaard & Palm Toft.

Lakeside

Bowtell, Ellis, Lawson, Morley, Morris, Newman & Wajtnecht

26 minutes ago, Stainlesssteelride said:

Can't all this meeting, lakeside have a better top end, but panthers have a better number bottom end.

Bacon & Grondal @ 1&2 is a bit weak.

• Haha 1

Looks like Panthers will line up 

Nicholls 

Grondal 

Lunna 

MPT 

Ostergaard 

Bacon 

Lambert

3 hours ago, Crump99 said:

Even Newcastle wouldnt swap for that... ;)

5 hours ago, Crump99 said:

Now now 

5 hours ago, Crump99 said:

Bacon & Grondal looks weak if they were the reserve pairing, in my opinion.

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile number.

Thanks

The morning of the first meeting for Peterborough after 5 long Winter months and only 7 replies since BCD started this thread?

I know a few are not entirely happy with your team but I’d still expect more enthusiasm than this! The Showground is an superb place to watch your Speedway strong team or not. 

Difficult one to call this. Peterborough obviously have riders that know the Showground inside out but Lakeside look the stronger side and their riders have already had a meeting so levels things out. 

Very tight I reckon and I’ll go for the draw..

I’m still finding it difficult to call what I think the result will be at this early stage of the season. The Hammers certainly looked ready to go on Friday and hopefully that meeting will give us an edge.

I could be wrong but I think Zach will be starting the season at reserve, which is useful as I think Morley and Bowtell would probably struggle as a reserve pairing at the Showground against your 6&7. I’m hoping that Lawson, Ellis and Newman can be the difference for us.

31 minutes ago, Mjolnir said:

I’m still finding it difficult to call what I think the result will be at this early stage of the season. The Hammers certainly looked ready to go on Friday and hopefully that meeting will give us an edge.

I could be wrong but I think Zach will be starting the season at reserve, which is useful as I think Morley and Bowtell would probably struggle as a reserve pairing at the Showground against your 6&7. I’m hoping that Lawson, Ellis and Newman can be the difference for us.

Lawson, Morris and Ellis are all generally quite good around Alwalton, Newman is a bit up and down,  it’s going to be decided by how good the Peterborough top 3 go against the Lakeside top 3, Nicholls should be very consistent at this level but we need good back up performances from Ostergaard and MPT.

Either way it looks like being close.

Boro to win at a canter by 12 or more

Tricky one to call this. Not much practice may give the Hammers the slight edge so will go for Panthers 43 Hammers 47. Most of all I hope there is some good racing and no injuries.