British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Lakeside CS - Sunday 25th March

1 hour ago, Lukas said:

I thought it was a good meeting to start the season with some cracking racing. Thought the score flattered Lakeside as it was always comfortable. How the ref didn't exclude Newman for his filthy move on MPT is beyond me..and Ellis nearly put Grondal in the fence in Heat 15 also. On the whole I was impressed with Panthers as I'm sure Lunna and Nicholls won't have as poor a meeting as that again.

Newman's move was outrageous, how bad does it have to be to get excluded?

16 minutes ago, Irk Deflector said:

Ht 14 - Lambert should have taken Bacon's place

Ht 15 - MPT should have been selected ahead of Ulrich

I'd still stick Nichols in heat 15 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Noodles said:

Newman's move was outrageous, how bad does it have to be to get excluded?

Considering the injuries that Newman has collected over the years it’s rather surprising he rides someone out like that, that could have been very nasty and very serious, the fact that Horley felt it didn’t cross the line doesn’t surprise me as referee wise she is dreadful.

The meeting itself was excellent, lots of good racing but it was interesting that Lakeside came back into it when the track went slick.

Personally I thought Lambert should have done 14 and I would have used Nicholls in 15 rather than Grondal,  the score line somewhat flattered the Hammers but most thought before the match Lakeside would win including their management.

Its too early to say whether Panthers are better than most of the supporters think, but we should have a better idea at the end of the 4 Shield group matches.

• Like 1

Also have to remember Lakeside have one meeting under there belt, it's the first time the Panthers have rode as a team!!

56 minutes ago, bdjfan said:

Also have to remember Lakeside have one meeting under there belt, it's the first time the Panthers have rode as a team!!

When did Lakeside ride as a team before last night then?

5 minutes ago, Noodles said:

When did Lakeside ride as a team before last night then?

Not a team meeting, but there Rico meeting on Friday certainly helps, all riders given a chance in the same meeting, so even though your against eachother you can take still see how your team mate rides etc. 

To be 12 points down and only lose by 2 is a decent result for us in the end. Only early doors but the signs are Alfie is going to find this level hard going.

29 minutes ago, Panthers89 said:

Not a team meeting, but there Rico meeting on Friday certainly helps, all riders given a chance in the same meeting, so even though your against eachother you can take still see how your team mate rides etc. 

I don't think so. Riding as a pair is a very different scenario.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, liam said:

To be 12 points down and only lose by 2 is a decent result for us in the end. Only early doors but the signs are Alfie is going to find this level hard going.

Bit of a rip off to pay to watch someone so far off the pace that the only question is which 3 pointless rides they take. That's not Bowtell's fault, it has applied and will apply to plenty of other riders (Panthers included). It's the structure that allows it that's wrong.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Bit of a rip off to pay to watch someone so far off the pace that the only question is which 3 pointless rides they take. That's not Bowtell's fault has applied and will apply to plenty of other riders (Panthers included). It's the structure that's wrong.

I think he will be ok at home but that’s it, his biggest problem is he didn’t get a ride anywhere else so won’t be doing many meetings. It’s a shame as he’s a real trier.

47 minutes ago, TonyE said:

I don't think so. Riding as a pair is a very different scenario.

Don’t disagree at all, but racing competitively rather than practicing is an advantage. Also the chance to ride on the track with someone you’re going to be riding with, will get you used to how they take the corners, how they go into them, how wide they come in etc. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Panthers89 said:

Don’t disagree at all, but racing competitively rather than practicing is an advantage. Also the chance to ride on the track with someone you’re going to be riding with, will get you used to how they take the corners, how they go into them, how wide they come in etc. 

If someone tries to take the corner at Peterborough like they do at Lakeside they will be in big trouble lol. 

• Haha 2

I have to say I was surprised Panthers won this meeting.

I know Lakeside had not ridden as a team but I believe they had all had competitive rides prior to yesterday, certainly those doubling with Swindon had ridden a few times, whereas only Scott had taken part in any form of meeting on the Panthers side.

On paper it was always going to be a tough meeting for Panthers so it was pleasing to actually get the win.

As to who did what, the score card shows .. but I thought Tom Bacon looked more on the pace than previously and probably deserved a bit more points wise.

I still believe that it will be a difficult season for this Panthers team, but we are running and off with a win.

• Like 1

Decent match to start the season. Pleased with the speed the meeting was concluded, especially with the later start time. 

23 hours ago, proud panther said:

Decent match to start the season. Pleased with the speed the meeting was concluded, especially with the later start time. 

I did wonder if we were going to have an Interval - would have preferred it had they run straight through. This said the time it took to run the 15 heats was very good, no unnecessary delays. The four minute rule/guideline between races is clearly working - well done (for a change) to the rule makers!