British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Polish Extraleague/Nice Polska Sunday 7th october live on TV

5 minutes ago, someone said:

Sadly I am guessing that Goddard's various car circuit jobs mean he cannot do TV at the weekends.  Hopefully he will at least still get to cover the Elitserien.

This guy who wisely dare not share his name is still better than Wade Aunger and Jack Burnicle were, but that is not in any way a compliment.

What about the Irish chap that Premier used before Dave took over- he was different class !!!!!!

Speedway riders are made of steel and proper respect to them.  Makes footballers look like right fairies with their falling over pranks.

• Like 2

Just now, stewmac said:

Miedziński is a lucky lad to walk away from what was a terrible heat 9 smash.

Air fence working properly, lindbaek was hard but miedzinski was cause 

• Like 1

Commentator. ‘Oooooohhhhh noooooooo!’

The commentator has clearly spent time researching speedway. I give him credit for that. The problem is he knows nothing about the sport so is making many fundemental mistakes every heat. He didn’t even mention that Pieczak also ended up in a heap after being clipped. He said Madsen was out of the meeting as he was wearing a neck brace. A neck protector. Two minutes later Madsen is at tapes to be greeted by silence by the commentator.

He talks in the Tony Mullard style that every sentence ends in an exclamation mark!

And some people moan about Pearson and Tatum!

It’s not an easy job to commentate. Love the way this one says a good slide from the rider though!

I love the racing at this track , it’s not a favourite with some riders but you get some cracking racing there 

Hello all.

I can now explain to you all what is happening with Freesports live speedway commentary this season.  As "someone" has said above, with the decision to show the Polish meetings live instead of delayed in 2018, I am unable to cover the events due to having many commitments in the world of car racing at weekends (I write this having just returned home from Donington Park) and therefore a new voice had to be found for the live coverage on Sundays.

Commentating is not a job that you can learn, in my opinion, other than by learning it "on the job" as you go, as Will (the new Polish coverage commentator) is doing today, and as I had to do a few years ago during my first live TV broadcasts on Premier.  It's not an easy thing to do especially when it's a sport that is new to you and you are having to learn and pick up things as you go through the meeting.  I know that sports fans in any discipline will always instantly pick up on anything negative (I've been the same in the past) but perhaps in this case some leeway could be given to him while he learns his new craft and builds his confidence.  I have listened in to some of the coverage this afternoon, and I am quite impressed with what I have heard - Will is learning rapidly and has picked up some good knowledge of speedway from his research.

In other news, I can confirm that I will be providing live commentary on the Swedish Elitserien on Tuesday nights once again this year, beginning in May, plus some of the delayed coverage from Poland as well when our new commentator is not available.  So I'm sure you will have plenty to complain about then. :P

All the best

Dave Goddard. :)

Edited by Dave Goddard
  • Thanks 1

Love the start girls in fishnets ooooooooohhhhh you are awful...

The commentator seems to be getting a wee bit better as we go along . Can't be easy commentating on a sport that you're not familiar with . I certainly wouldn't fancy trying to cover hurling or Gaelic football , some of the Irish names are harder to pronounce that the Poles and Eastern European names are 

Edited by DSC67
  • Like 1

Freesports has gone from my TV!!   I've retuned and it ain't there!    When I found Premier sports finally on PC speedway wasn't on?! Rugby was. I don't get it! 

Edited by Mr X
  • Haha 1

Why isn't it on Premier sports right now when its on nsport?

Edited by Mr X

Because Freesports and Premier show different things at the same time

5 minutes ago, Dave Goddard said:

Hello all.

I can now explain to you all what is happening with Freesports live speedway commentary this season.  As "someone" has said above, with the decision to show the Polish meetings live instead of delayed in 2018, I am unable to cover the events due to having many commitments in the world of car racing at weekends (I write this having just returned home from Donington Park) and therefore a new voice had to be found for the live coverage on Sundays.

Commentating is not a job that you can learn, in my opinion, other than by learning it "on the job" as you go, as Will (the new Polish coverage commentator) is doing today, and as I had to do a few years ago during my first live TV broadcasts on Premier.  It's not an easy thing to do especially when it's a sport that is new to you and you are having to learn and pick up things as you go through the meeting.  I know that sports fans in any discipline will always instantly pick up on anything negative (I've been the same in the past) but perhaps in this case some leeway could be given to him while he learns his new craft and builds his confidence.  I have listened in to some of the coverage this afternoon, and I am quite impressed with what I have heard - Will is learning rapidly and has picked up some good knowledge of speedway from his research.

In other news, I can confirm that I will be providing live commentary on the Swedish Elitserien on Tuesday nights once again this year, beginning in May, plus some of the delayed coverage from Poland as well when our new commentator is not available.  So I'm sure you will have plenty to complain about then. :P

All the best

Dave Goddard. :)

Very true Dave as I said earlier. He has clearly done his research. What is needed is for you to give him a call and give him some constructive criticism. And perhaps he needs to get himself down to a local track to get a feeling of the sport.

in one heat the racing was excellent with Lindgren blasting through. These bits need to be bigged up but he missed the opportunity.

He is doing a better job than I ever could though. And I know the sport pretty well.

Hi Dave.  But last night I put speedway on timer for the speedway today as it gave the listing on free sports.  Today free sports has gone.  It said Polish speedway was on according to the timer listings.   And as I said, rugby is on Premier when I use mobdro. 

Edited by Mr X