British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Polish Extraleague/Nice Polska Sunday 7th october live on TV

18 minutes ago, stewmac said:

Is someone here able to give a clear explanation as to how the new rules with the number 8s works this year? Like Eric I above, there are a few of us who'd like to be clear about this one.

Cheers.

Hopefully Roman  or Pawel(our Polish/Canadian correspondent)might be able to translate the rule book on that particular point-also I would like to know the current  rider replacement rule(top 2 riders only ??)

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, eric i said:

What are the rules regarding the number 8 rider, can they replace any rider at any point in the meeting?

Do the reserves have to take 3 rides?

It does seem a bit bizarre that you can have someone like fricke at no 8 who can take any ride at any time but I suppose in one sense it does level out the reserves as leszno have a far stronger reserve pair than the rest of the league 

OK, from what I have gathered so far from Polish friends, here is what they understand about the new rule:

1. The number 8/16 must be under 23 years old.

2. They can be Polish or a foreigner, as opposed to the numbers 6s and 7s who must be Polish.

3. They can ride in heats 1, and 3-15, replacing anyone once only, unless

a) that rider is also under 23, as in the case of Drozdz or Lebedevs last night or

b ) if they replace an injured rider during the match they can be used to cover all their rides, as in when Doyle pulled out after heat 1 last Sunday at Gorzow.

There may be other bits to this that haven't yet been explained to me, but that clears it up a bit so far. Fricke is there only because he's u23 (same with Jack Holder I suppose last night at Torun), but it certainly strengthens Wroclaw to keep him in that position.

Edited by stewmac

32 minutes ago, stewmac said:

OK, from what I have gathered so far from Polish friends, here is what they understand about the new rule:

1. The number 8/16 must be under 23 years old.

2. They can be Polish or a foreigner, as opposed to the numbers 6s and 7s who must be Polish.

3. They can ride in heats 1, and 3-15, replacing anyone once only, unless

a) that rider is also under 23, as in the case of Drozdz or Lebedevs last night or

b ) if they replace an injured rider during the match they can be used to cover all their rides, as in when Doyle pulled out after heat 1 last Sunday at Gorzow.

There may be other bits to this that haven't yet been explained to me, but that clears it up a bit so far. Fricke is there only because he's u23 (same with Jack Holder I suppose last night at Torun), but it certainly strengthens Wroclaw to keep him in that position.

Thanks- reference point 3 i think( not 100%) that they can only replace riders in the 1 to 5

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wiseguy said:

That only names 1-7 so that's why i asked

I'm pretty certain he will be. These line ups often don't show the number 8 for some reason. Last night's scorecard from Torun doesn't show Fricke, even though he scored 11 or 12!

Edit: it shows him on my phone screen but not on my iMac screen. Strange!

Edited by stewmac

Freesport / Premier Sport soon ditched live Polish speedway week 2 and it’s gone not on till 11pm in my opinion they won’t show it live while they have any other live sport to show on a Sunday afternoon even live tiddlywinks will get priority over speedway 

40 minutes ago, Haza said:

Freesport / Premier Sport soon ditched live Polish speedway week 2 and it’s gone not on till 11pm in my opinion they won’t show it live while they have any other live sport to show on a Sunday afternoon even live tiddlywinks will get priority over speedway 

Not surprised. Having never watched Polish league speedway I thought I'd look at Freesports offering last week. I gave it two heats. Wouldn't bother with it again. I suppose that the top stuff is ok to watch but I'm not that bothered to make any effort to get it outside of the mainstream platforms ie. Sky/BT in my case.

Edited by Crump99