British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Polish Extraleague/Nice Polska Sunday 7th october live on TV

On 7/30/2018 at 9:02 AM, SharpenRake said:

I discovered this last night night by accident - thanks virgin for adding to my package. Have to say I was expecting some thrilling racing but was disappointed. The one difference was the size of the crowd otherwise no different to what we see in UK other than that Swindon meeting which has to be the worst ever 

First match I've watched on Freesports, previously I've just watched the Polish commentary edited highlights. Wasn't expecting much after reading your comments above, but I thought it was a decent enough match, with some good action and quite a few passes/close battles.

As for the much maligned commentator, again, he wasn't as bad as I expected after reading some of the comments on here - given he's doing it on his own and got to fill in for a couple of hours it could be worse ! The fast forward button did mean me not listening to much between heats though. His pronunciation of some of the names is erm interesting to say the least.

Rico :rolleyes:

Edited by Rico

51 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

No i don`t- will they use R/R(Z/Z) ? we will have to wait until a hour approx before the start when line-ups have to be confirmed.

This match is now not  on TV now- Sportowefakty are saying this  and it has disappeared from Eleven Sport listing 

Lodz using a junior to replace  Josh G

Offical reason why tonight`s match in Lodz is not on TV 

3. Please be advised that the match DM I League 8th round between KŻ Orzeł Lodz - SK Lokomotiv
Daugavpils on 30 July 2018 (Monday) at 18.15 in Łódź will not be broadcast
via Eleven, because the lighting in the stadium is not ready.

Sadly match is taking place in near empty stadium

Edited by racers and royals

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

No i don`t- will they use R/R(Z/Z) ? we will have to wait until a hour approx before the start when line-ups have to be confirmed.

This match is now not  on TV now- Sportowefakty are saying this  and it has disappeared from Eleven Sport listing 

I'm pretty sure you're the one who asked me about R/R rules in Poland couple months ago :D

No R/R available for Grajczonek, he's neither injured (R/R available for riders with best avg only anyway) nor racing in a FIM / FIM Europe meeting (R/R available for top 5 riders according to avg)

8 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Sadly match is taking place in near empty stadium

Only 999 allowed due to some construction regulations (stadium is not 100% ready)

those regulations applied yesterday too but were ignored by the club because they sold thousands of tickets online and didn't want to cause murder outside the stadium :)

Edited by tarkens

3 minutes ago, tarkens said:

Only 999 allowed due to some construction regulations (stadium is not 100% ready)

those regulations applied yesterday too but were ignored by the club because they sold thousands of tickets online and didn't want to cause murder outside the stadium :)

Thanks - Worrying times at  Lodz i would think- they will be haemorrhaging  money right ,left and centre.

Just back from Poland, where we enjoyed 3 full (Gorzow, Rawicz and Wroclaw) and the lodz two heats being among the small number in what will be an impressive stadium when finished. I suspected that the lights didn't work when they were not put on when it began to rain heavily. Wroclaw was the best meeting of the three especially the races involving Leon Madsen. Cracking atmosphere there and at Gorzow. Rawicz was a new track to me and I really enjoyed it despite the heat and I wouldn't hesitate to visit them again.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, tarkens said:

I'm pretty sure you're the one who asked me about R/R rules in Poland couple months ago :D

No R/R available for Grajczonek, he's neither injured (R/R available for riders with best avg only anyway) nor racing in a FIM / FIM Europe meeting (R/R available for top 5 riders according to avg)

Josh G was riding in the UK as was Hans Andersen.

53 minutes ago, Mark said:

Josh G was riding in the UK as was Hans Andersen.

it wasn't a FIM meeting though, so my point stands :)

1 minute ago, tarkens said:

it wasn't a FIM meeting though, so my point stands :)

Leicester's match tonight was in the calendar before Lodz's match was arranged.    Maybe that counted.

that's why it took priority over the meeting in Lodz, but it wasn't a FIM organised meeting, so no R/R possible for Grajczonek or Andersen

• Like 1

13 hours ago, nick said:

Just back from Poland, where we enjoyed 3 full (Gorzow, Rawicz and Wroclaw) and the lodz two heats being among the small number in what will be an impressive stadium when finished. I suspected that the lights didn't work when they were not put on when it began to rain heavily. Wroclaw was the best meeting of the three especially the races involving Leon Madsen. Cracking atmosphere there and at Gorzow. Rawicz was a new track to me and I really enjoyed it despite the heat and I wouldn't hesitate to visit them again.

Was it you who was just behind me in Gorzow then? Amazing that they got that meeting on and the track as good as they got it to be.

Edited by stewmac

7 hours ago, tarkens said:

that's why it took priority over the meeting in Lodz, but it wasn't a FIM organised meeting, so no R/R possible for Grajczonek or Andersen

Someone obviously not understanding a simple rule/post!!!

In answer to stewmac, yes i was part of the group behind you in gorzow. They did a great job getting it on, would never have happened in the uk.

• Like 1

The curtailed  Lodz v Gdansk match on Sunday has been rearranged for Sunday August 5th at 5pm local time

Some more Nice Pol;ska TV matches announced

Sunday August 19th Gniezno v Lublin Polsat Sport start time 1.30pm UK time

Friday August 24th Lodz v Lublin Eleven Sport start time TBC

Sunday August 26th Daugavpils v Gniezno Polsat Sport start time 1.30pm UK time