British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Polish Extraleague/Nice Polska Sunday 7th october live on TV

Terrible meeting from Gorzow. Leszno will win 2nd leg by 12 points easy, they have 7 riders that will score. Gorzow have Zmarzlik & Vaculik that will certainly score.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hawk127 said:

Apparently 16000 at the meet. Dream on U.K. speedway it has some work to do to tempt those sort of numbers to a play off meeting.

IN Poland fans are supporting not just their club but their town/city. It is a whole different demographic to the UK. It's a young audience.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

IN Poland fans are supporting not just their club but their town/city. It is a whole different demographic to the UK. It's a young audience.

Agree, was at Zielona Gora a few weeks back, the crowd has a demographic and feel a lot similar to a football crowd in Britain. Those around me in Block K5 support their town / city and the winning is far more important than the quality of the speedway 

2 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

As we do in this country with football ,rugby, Ice hockey but for some reason speedway believes it’s some sort of competitor sport and has dissolved the team aspect in all but name 

• Like 1

Gorzow Vs Leszno

What an utterly crud meeting. Does anyone know what has happened to the Gorzow track ? Its got steadily worse through the season. Had high hopes for this one but gave up watching on free sport after heat 9 and had to come back for a second sitting on Monday. 

Rybnik Vs Lublin

Faith in humanity restored! What a meeting! Score possibly flattered Rybnik a little so i think they'll edge it over 2 legs. Couple of races from AJ at the start were sensational stuff. Rolling back the years. Massive crowd as well. Just 10/10 for everything

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Fred Flange said:

This afternoons slick track gave much better racing. Same story at Belle Vue, slick is significantly better than grippy.

You are certainly right on the evidence yesterday. When AJ was interviewed at Rybnik after his tremendous races early on he did say that the track was 'super-slick' which I thought was very odd given how good the racing was

That was a cracking match at Rybnik,not see much of Miesak but he was certainly putting himself about ,look like Smarslik at times.

10 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

That was a cracking match at Rybnik,not see much of Miesak but he was certainly putting himself about ,look like Smarslik at times.

I am assuming you are referring to Miesiac and Zmarzlik ;)

Big day next Sunday with some tense but great speedway in prospect

Nice Polska final 2nd leg Lublin(38) v Rybnik(52) Polsat Sport and Eleven sport 2  start time 1.30pm UK time

Extraleague 3rd/4th place play-off 2nd leg Czestochowa (39) v Wroclaw(51) N Sport  programme starts 2.30pm UK time 1st race 3pm UK time

Extraleague final 2nd leg Leszno(44) v Gorzow(46) N Sport programme starts 5.45pm UK time 1st race 6.15pm UK time- live on Freesports 6pm

Was also at Rybnik with a polish friend who was new to watching live speedway. We both loved it brilliant meeting. There were 3 other brits sat in front of us from the same hotel. And another 2 in the main stand.Supporters  were sitting in the aisles on bends 1 & 2 & about 4 deep at the top walkway. Fantastic. And there were 3 x Lublin fans nearby to us & no trouble.

We arrived at 1-15pm & it was well over half full at that time. The club sklep (or rather a wooden hut) was doing a roaring trade throughout the meeting. Only managed to get a shirt & scarf by blagging my way to the front of the queue half way through the meet during a break & one of the ladies took pity on me. 10x better than the SEC the night before but it had rained non stop from 1pm friday to 9am saturday morning. 

It`s going to be fun on sunday for Leszno v Gorzow as that joker from Krsko GP - Artur Kusmierz is down to referee!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, steve69 said:

Was also at Rybnik with a polish friend who was new to watching live speedway. We both loved it brilliant meeting. There were 3 other brits sat in front of us from the same hotel. And another 2 in the main stand.Supporters  were sitting in the aisles on bends 1 & 2 & about 4 deep at the top walkway. Fantastic. And there were 3 x Lublin fans nearby to us & no trouble.

We arrived at 1-15pm & it was well over half full at that time. The club sklep (or rather a wooden hut) was doing a roaring trade throughout the meeting. Only managed to get a shirt & scarf by blagging my way to the front of the queue half way through the meet during a break & one of the ladies took pity on me. 10x better than the SEC the night before but it had rained non stop from 1pm friday to 9am saturday morning. 

It`s going to be fun on sunday for Leszno v Gorzow as that joker from Krsko GP - Artur Kusmierz is down to referee!!!

Kusmierz did the 1st leg and there were no problems.