British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Polish Extraleague/Nice Polska Sunday 7th october live on TV

28 minutes ago, zlata prilba said:

Will needs to chill his excitement down a tad 

To think people on here say Nigel Pearson shouts.      It doesn't bother me but I'm looking for my ear defenders.

13 minutes ago, stewmac said:

Why does the starting marshall persist in trying to move riders at the starting gate who are well within their starting area? 

I think he's making sure they are facing straight ahead instead of on a slight angle.

• Like 1

Just now, Elmo said:

I think he's making sure they are facing straight ahead instead of on a slight angle.

Yeh I agree,he straightening them up,it is notable that there is a real team ethic with riders and managers talking to each other after virtually  every race,in GB riders don't even know what the match score is never mind talking to each other.

I am shocked how well behaved the riders have been considering the green light starts, I thought it would be restart after restart 

1 minute ago, Elmo said:

Wow full Dalek commentating mode

I keep getting a mental picture of him when he takes off, mental.

• Haha 2

Just now, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

I am shocked how well behaved the riders have been considering the green light starts, I thought it would be restart after restart 

Well no one can touch the tapes.

Sorry but if this was a Premiership play off meeting this forum would go into melt down, two hours gone and we still haven't had all 15 heats and the majority of the meeting going with a green light start.

• Like 2

Looks like the Ekstraliga fixtures next week are largely redundant, which is a shame. Only seen the recording on TV box from Free Sports. Riders very well behaved for Green Light start but the commentator was far too excitable.

Standard fare racing wise that I'd expect from Wroclaw. Shame Czestochowa had injury problems for Lindgren & Zagar at a crucial time but it is part & percel of the sport.

18 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Had his quota between 1 and 13 probably

Are reserved only allowed 5 rides ?cause that’s all he had 

10 hours ago, screm said:

Sorry but if this was a Premiership play off meeting this forum would go into melt down, two hours gone and we still haven't had all 15 heats and the majority of the meeting going with a green light start.

Exactly, but because this is Poland and Poland can do no wrong, nothing is said. Must admit, this was my first taste of Polish speedway this season, usually I haven't got time to watch anything, but tonight I had a bit of spare time. I watched the first half dozen heats, all processional, massive long gaps of silence in the commentary and when he does speak, he shouts at nothing exciting at all. For all that moan at the Sky / BT coverage, they should get a load of this and be thankful for what they have. i switched off after heat 6, I couldn't take any more of the shouting and the racing was boring me. Give me live action, where I can speak away to friends after races any day. Had this been a British meeting there would have been no end of "another nail in the coffin" comments.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1