British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Polish Extraleague/Nice Polska Sunday 7th october live on TV

17 minutes ago, Dave Goddard said:

Hello all.

I can now explain to you all what is happening with Freesports live speedway commentary this season.  As "someone" has said above, with the decision to show the Polish meetings live instead of delayed in 2018, I am unable to cover the events due to having many commitments in the world of car racing at weekends (I write this having just returned home from Donington Park) and therefore a new voice had to be found for the live coverage on Sundays.

Commentating is not a job that you can learn, in my opinion, other than by learning it "on the job" as you go, as Will (the new Polish coverage commentator) is doing today, and as I had to do a few years ago during my first live TV broadcasts on Premier.  It's not an easy thing to do especially when it's a sport that is new to you and you are having to learn and pick up things as you go through the meeting.  I know that sports fans in any discipline will always instantly pick up on anything negative (I've been the same in the past) but perhaps in this case some leeway could be given to him while he learns his new craft and builds his confidence.  I have listened in to some of the coverage this afternoon, and I am quite impressed with what I have heard - Will is learning rapidly and has picked up some good knowledge of speedway from his research.

In other news, I can confirm that I will be providing live commentary on the Swedish Elitserien on Tuesday nights once again this year, beginning in May, plus some of the delayed coverage from Poland as well when our new commentator is not available.  So I'm sure you will have plenty to complain about then. :P

All the best

Dave Goddard. :)

It’s not just about learning and making mistakes, it’s the voice the tone and the general fitting of the sport , you have it this guy doesn’t 

I would've said so 

Gruchalski was hilarious in his reaction there...

Just now, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

It’s not just about learning and making mistakes, it’s the voice the tone and the general fitting of the sport , you have it this guy doesn’t 

That comes with experience as you learn to project your voice and let it "flow" rather than overthinking what you are saying.  Listen to some of my early stock car commentaries from ten or so years ago and you'll hear that I certainly didn't "have it" then.

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

Gruchalski was hilarious in his reaction there...

I would have taken the wheel off and presented it to Buckowski. Where was the team manager fighting the lads corner? Cieslak should have been on the phone.

So why isn't speedway on free sports or premier sports. Rugby was on now hockey is on.  Help!

7 minutes ago, Dave Goddard said:

That comes with experience as you learn to project your voice and let it "flow" rather than overthinking what you are saying.  Listen to some of my early stock car commentaries from ten or so years ago and you'll hear that I certainly didn't "have it" then.

I don’t think Nigel Pearson is a natural with speedway , he is better suited to other sports but you sound like a natural for speedway , this guy as inexperienced in  speedway as he is sounds more suited to golf or cricket 

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE

It is on freesports right now. Been on for the last couple of hours.

not on mine it isnt

Where are you watching it?

Eh? Check you are watching freesports.