British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Polish Extraleague/Nice Polska Sunday 7th october live on TV

Lucky Pred didn’t get a tyre burn!

Has to go down as the most bizarre cause of a stoppage in history. Looks like Pawel will have trouble sitting down for the next few days LOL.

Really not liking this new Polish rule where a non Pole can be named. Too much chopping and changing, plus riders under even more pressure to perform. 

Max Fricke is going to be some rider, he's brilliant now, future world champion in my opinion

• Like 2

Just caught up with the last few heats of this on YouTube after going out earlier.

Gotta be said the Polish league do most things better than the UK but which imbecile came up with the rule about not being able to award a race? 

Wroclaw were robbed of a draw there. Woffy and Drabik a mile in front of Doyle entering bend 3 on the last lap and cos the Torun junior had fallen it got re-run!!! 

Pathetic decision and a 5-1 turned into a 3-3 and they were robbed of a draw. Surely now if you’re last and out of contention you just need to drop it to get a re-run for your team??

Scandalous 

Edited by Bradford Ace
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, eric i said:

Can they not award races in poland

Yes they can...but only if the riders are on the last lap, not third as was the case in Torun

1 hour ago, Bradford Ace said:

Gotta be said the Polish league do most things better than the UK but which imbecile came up with the rule about not being able to award a race? 

To award the race riders have to be on the last (fourth) lap, not third as was the case in Torun

1 hour ago, Bradford Ace said:

Pathetic decision and a 5-1 turned into a 3-3 and they were robbed of a draw. Surely now if you’re last and out of contention you just need to drop it to get a re-run for your team??

Scandalous 

It's NOT scandalous, neither is pathetic. If you choose to watch Polish speedway you need to know the Polish rules to understand it. Isn't that simple ?

12 hours ago, tarkens said:

796 tickets left for Motor - Start tomorrow, it will be a sell out again

sold out :) 

and this is Nice 1 Liga match we're talking about, not a season inauguration and against Start Gniezno... too bad I can't be in Lublin tomorrow but I'm flying to Gdansk next week to watch my team live for the first time this season

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bradford Ace said:

Just caught up with the last few heats of this on YouTube after going out earlier.

Wroclaw were robbed of a draw there. Woffy and Drabik a mile in front of Doyle entering bend 3 on the last lap and cos the Torun junior had fallen it got re-run!!! 

Scandalous 

It did seem harsh that a clear 5-1 turned into a 3-3 due to a Torun rider falling on his own, but I'm not convinced they were robbed of a draw.

If they had got the 5-1 in that race then Woffinden wouldn't have been eligible as a tac sub in heat 14, so it would have been Drabik, Milik or Lebedev partnering Fricke in that one and I'm not convinced that any of them would have been capable of winning that race.

What are the rules regarding the number 8 rider, can they replace any rider at any point in the meeting?

Do the reserves have to take 3 rides?

• Like 1

They can award races can't they? There was a race awarded in the Pila v Gdansk meeting (heat 1) unless it's different in the nice league

45 minutes ago, Wiseguy said:

They can award races can't they? There was a race awarded in the Pila v Gdansk meeting (heat 1) unless it's different in the nice league

Roman answered that in an earlier post- last lap only.

Is someone here able to give a clear explanation as to how the new rules with the number 8s works this year? Like Eric I above, there are a few of us who'd like to be clear about this one.

Cheers.