British Speedway Forum
SomersetBlue

Leicester vs Somerset Monday 26th March Challenge

Hans is perfect for Leicester as he is a trapper.   

3 minutes ago, Mark said:

Hans is perfect for Leicester as he is a trapper.   

Passed Doyle from the back too

6 minutes ago, Elmo said:

Passed Doyle from the back too

He is a really solid top level rider who can pass anyone but Leicester is not known for its passing moves.

MV - disappointed but will be fine. First race left bend 2 couple of bike lengths in front. Turned away and then Doyle was in front.

DK - very good but should never appear in ht15 despite how good he appears earlier. Can see him adding to his average and slamming a few 5-1's in with KP

KP - started off ok and got better and better. Took some adjusting to the man hole cover on turns 3-4 but then was excellent.

HA - was excellent. 

KN - not far off the pace

JS - similar to Newman. Not sure he's worth his average but was there or there abouts. Hopefully bit of improvement will see him support Newman.

RR - seems not strong enough with JS and KN. KP improvement could be damage limitation.

All in all a reasonable showing with scope to improve

• Like 1

Entertaining meeting for a challenge match, not amazing but still entertaining. 

For Leicester Andersen, King and Pieszczek were excellent with Newman aiding with his 7 rides. Vaculik was poor considering but he will improve. R/R and Sarjeant were the let downs. Get a replacement for Bates and when Vaculik gets going, this is a very good Leicester side. 

For Somerset I went away very happy as an away point would have been achieved in a league meeting. Doyle, Holder and BWD were the pick of the bunch for us. Especially BWD beating Andersen in heat 4. Jeppesen was out of shape in heat 2 but unknown track for him, was never off the pace. Allen, Wright and Lawson were very inconsistent throughout the meeting. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Glennylion said:

MV - disappointed but will be fine. First race left bend 2 couple of bike lengths in front. Turned away and then Doyle was in front.

DK - very good but should never appear in ht15 despite how good he appears earlier. Can see him adding to his average and slamming a few 5-1's in with KP

KP - started off ok and got better and better. Took some adjusting to the man hole cover on turns 3-4 but then was excellent.

HA - was excellent. 

KN - not far off the pace

JS - similar to Newman. Not sure he's worth his average but was there or there abouts. Hopefully bit of improvement will see him support Newman.

RR - seems not strong enough with JS and KN. KP improvement could be damage limitation.

All in all a reasonable showing with scope to improve

Definitely agree RR does us no favours, reserves taking 3 of the 4 rides.

Really good crowd though, Pieszczek excellent, Andersen even better plus had a nifty orange light on his bike which is a first!

Decent start.

Still can’t see why Poole let a rider like Andersen go with whom you knew what you were getting and instead brought in Sundstrom?

• Like 2

They use to refer to 'Happiness = 40-38'   that said  the score last night says it must have been a decent meeting, one that would entice a few fans back .   and that has to be good..

3 hours ago, g13webb said:

They use to refer to 'Happiness = 40-38'   that said  the score last night says it must have been a decent meeting, one that would entice a few fans back .   and that has to be good..

It was a good meeting with both teams establishing good leads on more than one occasion only for the other to fight back. Interestingly after 13 heats the score was 40-38 and yes, we did say “happiness etc”

A strange thing (though not related to the racing) during the meeting was the regular reference to the presence of promo girls from Spearmint Rhino. Whilst I am not a prude re such things, I do question if speedway is a sport that should be associated with this type of enterprise  

15 hours ago, Gavan said:

Still can’t see why Poole let a rider like Andersen go with whom you knew what you were getting and instead brought in Sundstrom?

I have always said sooner hans than holder but thats history now looking foreword to seeing sundstrom

1 hour ago, 1 valve said:

It was a good meeting with both teams establishing good leads on more than one occasion only for the other to fight back. Interestingly after 13 heats the score was 40-38 and yes, we did say “happiness etc”

A strange thing (though not related to the racing) during the meeting was the regular reference to the presence of promo girls from Spearmint Rhino. Whilst I am not a prude re such things, I do question if speedway is a sport that should be associated with this type of enterprise  

Always been known as a family sport.

I heard last night that part of the prize for winning rider of the night was a VIP experience for the rider of the night if wished. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, flagrag said:

I heard last night that part of the prize for winning rider of the night was a VIP experience for the rider of the night if wished. 

I fear another weird injury if Josh Bates ever wins it

• Haha 2