British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Somerset & Somerset v Poole. Good Friday.

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

That high score from Lawson was a fluke imo. It’s the only time he has ever scored anything like that at Poole. I would rather he was riding than guest or r/r/. 

The fact its the Poole boys first action, when Somerset will have already ridden a meeting, might make it a bit closer.

as for the second leg, have Woryna, Spanner or Sundstrum ever ridden Somerset?

You go on about how good your team is,if it's that good it shouldn't matter to the riders whether they are riding the track for the first time or the 21st time.Somerset isn't a tricky track like Wolves.Good riders will ride whatever track is there to ride.

It seems you have got the excuses in early again just in case Somerset do beat you.

• Like 2

Somerset will not beat us over two legs. No excuses needed. 

Edited by Steve Shovlar

I'm sure Sundstrom will have been there many times in his PL days with Rye.

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

I'm sure Sundstrom will have been there many times in his PL days with Rye.

Indeed he has ridden at the OTA for Rye House. Sczezpaniak has also ridden there back in 2007 in a challenge match, so admittedly quite some time ago. For what it's worth he scored a shed load that night from memory. 

Shovlar is classic. Been telling us for months how good this Poole side is and now all of a sudden because each Somerset rider will get 4 minutes of track time tomorrow night it's going to make the scores closer - even though Kurtz, Kildemand and Grajczonek have all been riding this weekend! Not to mention we are now stronger because Lawson who scored about 12 last time is missing.... classic Shovlar.

• Like 1

It's tripe best ignored.

• Like 1

From the sounds of things Kurtz is flying and Killer was getting dialed in by the end. 

Josh seemed fast and was just having some bikes issues. 

As someone said earlier think they will have another closed door practice maybe Wednesday or Thursday for more track time and also see how the track is? 

I just hope Doyle is ok. This meeting is big for both clubs with huge crowds expected so hope for some good racing. Just a bit annoying that Lawson is missing. 

20 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Indeed he has ridden at the OTA for Rye House. Sczezpaniak has also ridden there back in 2007 in a challenge match, so admittedly quite some time ago. For what it's worth he scored a shed load that night from memory. 

Shovlar is classic. Been telling us for months how good this Poole side is and now all of a sudden because each Somerset rider will get 4 minutes of track time tomorrow night it's going to make the scores closer - even though Kurtz, Kildemand and Grajczonek have all been riding this weekend! Not to mention we are now stronger because Lawson who scored about 12 last time is missing.... classic Shovlar.

I said the meeting at Poole could be closer. But I don’t believe Somerset will get that close. And Poole have a chance of keeping it close or a narrow win in the evening.

I believe Poole are far too strong for Somerset this season, and if the team ride to their potential, will be a formidable force everywhere.

29 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I said the meeting at Poole could be closer. But I don’t believe Somerset will get that close. And Poole have a chance of keeping it close or a narrow win in the evening.

I believe Poole are far too strong for Somerset this season, and if the team ride to their potential, will be a formidable force everywhere.

I know some of Poole's riders might not of seen Somerset's track before ,but it's a good track, good size and not a trick track.Early season results can be hard to predict, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was 2-4 points in it either way at Somerset,and a 16-20 point Poole win at home.

Big chance to see how good Poole’s ringer Poles really are. Anything less than two 50-40 victories and Poole are going to struggle against the good teams.

The only Poole rider that hasn't ridden the OTA is Woryna I believe. As Najjer said Szczepaniak has ridden and I think top scored for Czestochowa (albeit the only riders we had close to being a top league rider was Zetterstrom and the late King Kramer.

36 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Big chance to see how good Poole’s ringer Poles really are. Anything less than two 50-40 victories and Poole are going to struggle against the good teams.

I think to expect Poole to win 50-40 at Somerset is asking a lot early season tbh.They might just scrape an away win.At Poole a ten point win for the Pirates would be a bad result for me.

Edited by Bald Bloke

12 hours ago, DC2 said:

And you wonder why everyone else thinks most Poole fans are arrogant. 

12 hours ago, DC2 said:

What good teams are them then. As i said, if everybody turns up we will win this over two legs on a tight riene. But, we will not be complacent about it. Thats not Neil or Matts way. We all know Gary will have his boys up for this, and we are well aware of that..

13 minutes ago, rebelwonderkid said:

You’ve got the wrong end of the stick; DC2 is a Swindon fan. He’s trying to have a dig at Poole (again, yawn), but in doing so has given Somerset one too. 

22 minutes ago, rebelwonderkid said:

Ummm, in what world is DC2 a Poole fan??! Definitely not this one, he hates Poole more than Gavan does and is always trolling any Poole thread!