British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Somerset & Somerset v Poole. Good Friday.

Never buy a programme these days, if it's called off can it be done by 16.30 on Thursday so I can go to the pub instead. I'm the driver Friday if it's on so no pub if it is on

19 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

How are Somerset going to hammer us then?

No chance of that happening unless there are catastrophic crashes. Poole are a far superior team this season.

We all know that, courtesy of their new sponsors. BSPA Poole Pirates 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BobC said:

I understand that Poole will be using the rained off 70th Anniversary programmes for Friday, with an insert, of course!

Sounds a bit like Jim Bowen on Bullseye when the contestant didn't win the main prize.. To misquote him; let's have a look at what you could have (won) seen. :lol:

Edited by Aces51

4 hours ago, bruno said:

Never buy a programme these days, if it's called off can it be done by 16.30 on Thursday so I can go to the pub instead. I'm the driver Friday if it's on so no pub if it is on

No doubt you will spend more in the pub that you would on a programme..:D

• Like 1

I never buy a programe anymore just print of a racecard £3 at poole not worth the money 

1 minute ago, ray c said:

I never buy a programe anymore just print of a racecard £3 at poole not worth the money 

Some season's programmes are better than other seasons. Always worth having a look.

Slightly better forecast now but with all the rain we have had & are to get, both meeting must be in doubt but fingers crosseed

Somerset's practice has been cancelled today. I'd say that makes Poole favourites for both legs now having already put in plenty of laps at their own track.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Najjer said:

Somerset's practice has been cancelled today. I'd say that makes Poole favourites for both legs now having already put in plenty of laps at their own track.

Getting the excuses in early then Najjer... No  gurrantee either meeting will be on yet..

1 hour ago, Najjer said:

I went up about 12.00 and the riders were there and waiting around to see if they could get some track time. Weather isn't too bad now so maybe got some practice in. 

54 minutes ago, rebelwonderkid said:

I went up about 12.00 and the riders were there and waiting around to see if they could get some track time. Weather isn't too bad now so maybe got some practice in. 

why all riders had a match leicester on monday doyle had meetings at b/vue/sheffield wright also rode at b/vue lawson as rode for glasgow as well !! poole have had nothing in comparison to somerset riders !! 

Been a dry sunny afternoon after a very wet morning. Roads are bone dry.