British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Somerset & Somerset v Poole. Good Friday.

Ok I wasn’t aware of rule changes.

18 hours ago, rebelwonderkid said:

I believe it's:

1. Jason Doyle

2. Jake Allen

3. Charles Wright 

4. Jack Holder 

5. Richard Lawson 

6. Jonas Jeppesen

7. Bradley Wilson- Dean 

Should have too much for us at Wimborne rd but if we can keep it close on a track that will be newish for the Poole riders (with all the work been done)  then we may be able to make it up at the OTA. 

Looking at the line ups can see the top 5 of Somerset giving Poole a lot to think about. Depends on how quick the Poles settle in and which Kildemand turns up

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Looking at the line ups can see the top 5 of Somerset giving Poole a lot to think about. Depends on how quick the Poles settle in and which Kildemand turns up

Should just say a small win by both home teams and no one has any form yet so hard to predict!!

7 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Should just say a small win by both home teams and no one has any form yet so hard to predict!!

I can see Somerset keeping it close at Poole and then winning by more at home.

As i said the Poles and Sundstrom will need to dial in and then you have Klidemand who could easily get 10-12 or have 2 falls and get 5-6

1 minute ago, Gavan said:

As i said the Poles and Sundstrom will need to dial in and then you have Klidemand who could easily get 10-12 or have 2 falls and get 5-6

Can you, i can see us winning it on a tight reine over two legs..

Looking forward to hopefully getting down to Poole Friday morning. Big shame there is no Lawson as he scored big when we won at Poole last season. Not sure what other options are about with other teams riding too on the same day.

Regardless of who wins, I just hope it's not the weather as the forecast doesn't look amazing and it's going to be cold!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Although PK is good at getting other riders excluded when he falls off! (just going by last years GPs!)

30 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Looking forward to hopefully getting down to Poole Friday morning. Big shame there is no Lawson as he scored big when we won at Poole last season. Not sure what other options are about with other teams riding too on the same day.

Regardless of who wins, I just hope it's not the weather as the forecast doesn't look amazing and it's going to be cold!

That high score from Lawson was a fluke imo. It’s the only time he has ever scored anything like that at Poole. I would rather he was riding than guest or r/r/. 

The fact its the Poole boys first action, when Somerset will have already ridden a meeting, might make it a bit closer.

as for the second leg, have Woryna, Spanner or Sundstrum ever ridden Somerset?

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Current Simon Stead meeting. 

Killer falls off first bend. Not hurt 

but Doyle fell off an his foot is painful. 

How refreshing to at last see people talking about a speedway meeting instead of the nonsense that has been in the Poole thread for the last few weeks.

The new Poole track could well be something of a leveler for Somerset, however, I think overall Poole will have the firepower to win over the 2 meetings.

Good luck to both teams and here's hoping for a safe and entertaining meeting.

32 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Current Simon Stead meeting. 

Killer falls off first bend. Not hurt 

but Doyle fell off an his foot is painful. 

From what I heard Doyle and Pieszczek and Pieszczek caught his foot and it's bruised on his left foot. 

Just now, rebelwonderkid said:

From what I heard Doyle and Pieszczek and Pieszczek caught his foot and it's bruised on his left foot. 

Hope it’s not bad! Never nice to see a rider injured!! 

Im at Sheffield.After 3 rides.

Brady flying, 9 , Pk ok-ish 4 Josh 4 2 good one poor ride. Doyle got tangled at start, withdrew from 3rd ride, sore ankle,1pt.

Looks like its between Brady, NKI, Howarth.

32 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Hope it’s not bad! Never nice to see a rider injured!! 

It's on Sheffield twitter page as a precautionary measure as he has suspected bruising to his left foot. So should be ok wouldn't be surprised if he missed tomorrow though. 

Simon Steads Last Lap at Sheffield Sunday.

Brady looking really good, 2nd in Final.PK fourth.Encouraging.

Very much gate n go. As track dried out, gating was essential. Vaculik showed his class when it mattered.

Impressed with Brady, good use of elbows in one race! PK started slowly, but his last 3 rides he was certainly on it. Josh also did ok, with 7pts and 2 retirements.

Edited by BobC
  • Like 1