Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Somerset & Somerset v Poole. Good Friday.

2 hours ago, Najjer said:

Somerset's practice has been cancelled today. I'd say that makes Poole favourites for both legs now having already put in plenty of laps at their own track.

Poole are favourites for both legs whether Somerset have any practice or not! I don't see how a few extra laps on a track they should all know well should make any difference.

8 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Been a dry sunny afternoon after a very wet morning. Roads are bone dry.

Shame it's not tonight 

3 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Poole are favourites for both legs whether Somerset have any practice or not! I don't see how a few extra laps on a track they should all know well should make any difference.

Thing is mate, if that track is sodden which i would hazzard a guess it is, they wont be able to do anything of any consequence.  Tipical British weather.

9 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Thing is mate, if that track is sodden which i would hazzard a guess it is, they wont be able to do anything of any consequence.  Tipical British weather.

Looking at the forecast I expect both meetings will have to be postponed.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

why all riders had a match leicester on monday doyle had meetings at b/vue/sheffield wright also rode at b/vue lawson as rode for glasgow as well !! poole have had nothing in comparison to somerset riders !! 

Lawson as rode (sic) for Glasgow as well....................?

How did he get on?

If the meeting is rained off on Friday morning I wonder if the riders are available on Saturday or the Sunday. Both days are dry. With riders in the country perhaps it could be quickly re-scheduled? 

Obviously dogs might be in the way Saturday night but what about Saturday lunchtime? Or Sunday? 

Are riders booked elsewhere?

11 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

If the meeting is rained off on Friday morning I wonder if the riders are available on Saturday or the Sunday. Both days are dry. With riders in the country perhaps it could be quickly re-scheduled? 

Obviously dogs might be in the way Saturday night but what about Saturday lunchtime? Or Sunday? 

Problem is Steve although it may sound daft, they prepare the dog track all day, and as you know it is sheeted for speedway. Wouldnt give them a whole lot of time to get all the sheets up a try and prepare the Dog track. I think it might be pushing it a bit.   Although, if we started sharp say 11.30, i see no reason why not, but finished by 1 pm, hour/half to take up the sheets, start prep approx 3 pm. Hmm, still pushing it me thinks.

Yep. Lost my optimism now having seen the forecast for Friday. Be suprised  if we see a wheel turned in anger anywhere. 

Poole to win their home match easily but the evening meeting looks a cracker if it beats the weather. I might even make a trip down the M4 myself and enjoy as a neutral. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Dogs are on Saturday and Sunday at Poole and Somerset have to have planning approval for change of day.

32 minutes ago, sugarray said:

Dogs are on Saturday and Sunday at Poole and Somerset have to have planning approval for change of day.

Yep beat me to it mate. Dogs also Sat / Sun.

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

Poole to win their home match easily but the evening meeting looks a cracker if it beats the weather. I might even make a trip down the M4 myself and enjoy as a neutral. 

Im not sure either meeting will run looking at the forcast.. I would definately check before you set off.

Edited by Starman2006

1 minute ago, Starman2006 said:

Im not sure either meeting will run looking at the forcast..

It looks like rain in many places fri and monday through to the following friday so can see lots rained off unless the forecast is incorrect. 

More chance Somerset will go ahead. Rain due to stop around lunchtime to give a dry afternoon and evening.