British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Somerset & Somerset v Poole. Good Friday.

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

More chance Somerset will go ahead. Rain due to stop around lunchtime to give a dry afternoon and evening.

Im not sure it will happen Steve. There P&P  was cancelled today, and i would expect the track to be sodden, with more rain expected it will not drain and dry out in time no matter what there curator trys to do. They would need a sunny afternoon with a drying wind to have half a chance, and i dont think they will get that. I hope im proved wrong.

4 hours ago, geoff58 said:

why all riders had a match leicester on monday doyle had meetings at b/vue/sheffield wright also rode at b/vue lawson as rode for glasgow as well !! poole have had nothing in comparison to somerset riders !! 

Josh also rode in the 90th and the Stead farewell. Szczepaniak and Woryna have both rode for Rybnik and I assume their P&P Kurtz and Kildermand rode in the 90th too. Shanes and Sundstrom had P&P for other clubs too I imagine. Plus Poole had P&P and practice days.  So I would hardly say Poole have had nothing in comparison. Somerset haven't actually ridden on the OTA at all yet. 

We should win both meeting's no matter what the circumstances are. Somerset has a great race track that all of our riders should enjoy. 

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

Im not sure it will happen Steve. There P&P  was cancelled today, and i would expect the track to be sodden, with more rain expected it will not drain and dry out in time no matter what there curator trys to do. They would need a sunny afternoon with a drying wind to have half a chance, and i dont think they will get that. I hope im proved wrong.

You obviously are not aware of the new drainage installed over the winter then by the Town Mayor and his team at the OTA! I reckon if the practice was this evening on track it would have happened but typically this year they change it to the afternoon and the weather still wins. Track looked pretty good this evening at 7pm.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

We should win both meeting's no matter what the circumstances are. Somerset has a great race track that all of our riders should enjoy. 

Do these circumstances include Brady having the flu? ;)

Wouldn’t be surprised if both matches called off lunchtime today. MF will save on flights

Edited by OFMiles

Well a real shame as Good Friday morning meetings are a tradition which always bring in very large crowds and its a treat day for two meetings. Be lucky now to get one.

• Like 1

I see Poole and Somerset are the only two teams not riding Monday is that an option ?

13 hours ago, drew2 said:

You obviously are not aware of the new drainage installed over the winter then by the Town Mayor and his team at the OTA! I reckon if the practice was this evening on track it would have happened but typically this year they change it to the afternoon and the weather still wins. Track looked pretty good this evening at 7pm.

No i wasnt aware of that.  is that french drains ? It hopefully will save you some meetings.  the idea being the water will drain down to the inside and go down the drains, just over the white lines if thats whats been installed.

Edited by Starman2006

Oh dear. Was it a premature call off? Forecast has changed and the heavy rain now isn’t due until the afternoon.

Surely with all the rain around today it was the right decision. Having it in the morning doesn't give them a lot of time to sort the track out.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Oh dear. Was it a premature call off? Forecast has changed and the heavy rain now isn’t due until the afternoon.

No i dont think it is Steve, the forcast is dire, and  with the amount of  rain we've had  and with the forcast as it is its the right call. I would be suprised if Somerset is also on.

19 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Surely with all the rain around today it was the right decision. Having it in the morning doesn't give them a lot of time to sort the track out.

Not unless you have a dry day with a drying wind. And with the forcast as it is its the right call, it wouldnt be very good had Somersets fans travelled down the n was told its off.Glyn did well last week under the circumstances, and as i said, by 3.30 ish that track was very raceable, but then  it P'd down and that was that. and continued to rain all evening.

• Like 1