British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Somerset & Somerset v Poole. Good Friday.

Forecast is changing all the time. No rain forecast tomorrow in Poole until afternoon, but too late now. Somerset might get away with it but the chance of rain in the evening, meaning if it isn’t called early there’s a chance of racing.

Nah, forecast for Poole still poor for the morning.

Edited by daz9100

45 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Forecast is changing all the time. No rain forecast tomorrow in Poole until afternoon, but too late now. Somerset might get away with it but the chance of rain in the evening, meaning if it isn’t called early there’s a chance of racing.

Steve, according to the forcast for Highbridge they will have rain from 1300 hrs onwards. And poole showers from 1300 to 1400 hrs then persistant rain.

Edited by Starman2006

10 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Raining cats and dogs here at the moment and the forecast is rain all day moving north. I cannot see that Somerset will be on and I’m amazed that they still have it as being on.. I presume Matt had to get the riders in from abroad but maybe not and he took a risk with the weather forecast

On 28/03/2018 at 8:20 PM, Starman2006 said:

Im not sure it will happen Steve. There P&P  was cancelled today, and i would expect the track to be sodden, with more rain expected it will not drain and dry out in time no matter what there curator trys to do. They would need a sunny afternoon with a drying wind to have half a chance, and i dont think they will get that. I hope im proved wrong.

Believe a decision is being made at 9

Rain has me urghe east than predicted last night. Just goes to showhow inacurrate weather forecasting can be. Can’t see the point in not postponing this evening. A arly call when tee;s no chance makes sense.

All very disappointing.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Rain has me urghe east than predicted last night. Just goes to showhow inacurrate weather forecasting can be. Can’t see the point in not postponing this evening. A arly call when tee;s no chance makes sense.

All very disappointing.

Steve its clearly been raining in Poole all night and still raining now. Right decision was made.

4 minutes ago, Pirate Nick said:

Somerset is off, just had a text

Well done Nick..

I believe there’s  not a good forecast for next Wednesday either........!!