British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ReadingRacer2017

Premiership - Swindon v Leicester - 29-03-18

5 minutes ago, DunRobin said:

As both would be re-arranged, then it goes down to 2nd priority 1st, which to me makes it Zach riding for Lakeside. As Lakeside do not own either Morris or Ellis, then it goes to 3rd priority, which makes it Ellis & Morris riding for the Robins. That's my interpretation of the rules but that remains to be seen. You never Know with speedway.

But Swindon own Zach so why would his position be different to that of the other two ?  Also Lakeside does not have April 12th listed as a meeting and Swindon has re sheduled before them, would this not give Swindon priority anyway. 

Edited by A ORLOV

5 minutes ago, DunRobin said:

As both would be re-arranged, then it goes down to 2nd priority 1st, which to me makes it Zach riding for Lakeside. As Lakeside do not own either Morris or Ellis, then it goes to 3rd priority, which makes it Ellis & Morris riding for the Robins. That's my interpretation of the rules but that remains to be seen. You never Know with speedway.

Swindon's has already been re-arranged and so becomes the original fixture. If Ipswich then have a call to make then they'll need to be looking at potential clashes

• Like 1

Just now, Reliant Robin said:

Swindon's has already been re-arranged and so becomes the original fixture. If Ipswich then have a call to make then they'll need to be looking at potential clashes

There lies the problem and why not having full segregation of race nights wiil still cause a mess (particularly if Lakeside visits to Thursday tracks fall foul)

Ipswich have 2 reserved dates in April 12th and 19th - both now have Swindon fixtures

The next spare Thursday is May 10th which is not reserved in Ipswich list but actually is in Swindon list

Lakeside at Foxhall anyway on the 3rd as well so 2 weeks running far from ideal as well

So if Good Friday is off Lakesides rearranged visit for the season opener shield comp could be in June in place of the reserved date for the semi finals if both sides are to track full teams!!

On 29/03/2018 at 12:15 PM, A ORLOV said:

But Swindon own Zach so why would his position be different to that of the other two ?  Also Lakeside does not have April 12th listed as a meeting and Swindon has re sheduled before them, would this not give Swindon priority anyway. 

Do Swindon own Zach? He was a Lakeside asset & I must have missed that change.

On 29/03/2018 at 12:20 PM, Reliant Robin said:

I'm sure the original fixture is the the fixture list first published. I don't think you can make it the original fixture just by re-arranging the fixture before the other team re-arranges.

4 minutes ago, DunRobin said:

Do Swindon own Zach? He was a Lakeside asset & I must have missed that change.

Can guarantee he is, reported in Swindon news Nov 23th 2017 on website.  

• Like 1

What's the point of assets if you can't use them, the owning clubs fixtures should always take priority,.

• Like 1

On ‎31‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 12:13 PM, DunRobin said:

I'm sure the original fixture is the the fixture list first published. I don't think you can make it the original fixture just by re-arranging the fixture before the other team re-arranges.

You also can't become the original fixture by reserving every one of your race days in a calendar. Otherwise all Clubs would do that and there would be no scope for re-arranging fixtures. I'd also suggest that Lakeside don't have an 'original' fixture on that date, and would be unlikely to agree to taking on that date at Ipswich if they were to be missing Adam, Zach and Nick

9 hours ago, Reliant Robin said:

You also can't become the original fixture by reserving every one of your race days in a calendar. Otherwise all Clubs would do that and there would be no scope for re-arranging fixtures. I'd also suggest that Lakeside don't have an 'original' fixture on that date, and would be unlikely to agree to taking on that date at Ipswich if they were to be missing Adam, Zach and Nick

Equally I think a team shouldnt be able to refuse a fixture where the date is reserved for restaging of postponed fixtures

Lakeside should be compelled to take a fixture if it is the only reasonable date available

Priority over riders will then need to follow the regulations as set out

Thats why fixed days for each league shouldve meant fixed days full stop

• Like 2

Clashes will be inevitable through the 'two set nights Premiership' actually being a 'three set nights Premiership'..

Just another typical 'halfway house' British Speedway decision that tries to appease everyone but invariably ends up working well for no-one..

6 hours ago, mikebv said:

Clashes will be inevitable through the 'two set nights Premiership' actually being a 'three set nights Premiership'..

Just another typical 'halfway house' British Speedway decision that tries to appease everyone but invariably ends up working well for no-one..

Annoyingly the set days for Premiership were set to be Thursdays but were then changed to Wednesday to appease some Championship clubs. Surely, the top league should have precedence in the matter& teams could have moved up to  keep their Thursday spot.

6 hours ago, mikebv said:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DunRobin said:

Annoyingly the set days for Premiership were set to be Thursdays but were then changed to Wednesday to appease some Championship clubs. Surely, the top league should have precedence in the matter& teams could have moved up to  keep their Thursday spot.

Sheffield were I believe ready to move up if required

Ipswich prefered not to but perhaps if Thursday was so important to the Premiership then their bluff shouldve been called

Redcar I would doubt would be in any position to move up with the crowd levels especially given they would be way out on a limb in a basically southern league

Matt Ford was also very keen on maintaining Wednesday for Poole as well

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

56 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Sheffield were I believe ready to move up if required

Ipswich prefered not to but perhaps if Thursday was so important to the Premiership then their bluff shouldve been called

Redcar I would doubt would be in any position to move up with the crowd levels especially given they would be way out on a limb in a basically southern league

Matt Ford was also very keen on maintaining Wednesday for Poole as well

Just another in the catalogue of "make do and mend" decisions which have been delivered over the past few decades, and left the Sport (in this country) where it currently is..

It will never change until the day an independent person or body runs the Sport with a clear vision for it...

Someone who will make decisions for the greater good of the Sport rather than any individual's specific needs and wants...

And as we know that is never going to be allowed to happen the Sport will continue to regress at its ever increasing rate..

• Like 1