British Speedway Forum
fubar

Colts v Bees - 30/3/18

Hardly a Good Friday thriller but I do like going to meetings at the NSS in the daylight!

I hate to say this but I think that Coventry are the slightly better side and I think that the Colts have more weak/untested riders.

I know that the the NL is all about young upcoming riders but I do like watching Jon Armstrong giving it large.

I think that Coventry will win this by 6 to 8 points

Out of interest are NSS meetings as good in the daytime? I’ve often found that racing tends to be better in an evening. 

We've not had that many daytime meetings so it's difficult to judge. I haven't noticed any difference in the standard of racing but as you say many prefer the spectacle of racing at night, particularly under lights and it is often said that it can be more difficult to prepare a track for daytime racing.

We may get a better chance to judge this year with a number of bank holiday daytime meetings scheduled.

• Like 1

One of the few things about having been a Buxton fan was that the meetings were in the daytime and I can remember at least twice sitting in the warm sunshine enjoying my speedway racing. The other 99 times, it was bloody freezing.

The other reason that I prefer going to the NSS in daylight hours is because I don't have to ride to my motorbike back through Longsight in the pitch black!

18 hours ago, Islander15 said:

Out of interest are NSS meetings as good in the daytime? I’ve often found that racing tends to be better in an evening. 

The daytime bank holiday fixture v Coventry in 2016 was probably one of the best league meetings I've ever seen

Hoping to get to this on Friday, just hoping the weather behaves.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Woz01 said:

The daytime bank holiday fixture v Coventry in 2016 was probably one of the best league meetings I've ever seen

Yes, I stood on the west terracing for that one and as you say, it was a stunner.

Weather looking slightly iffy at the mo but the forecast could have changed completely by tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Woz01 said:

I've got the DVD and watched it again a few weeks ago. it was a good meeting and at the time I thought it was brilliant but we've had even better meetings since. My personal favourite is the 2017 Peter Craven meeting. I've seen some better races in other meetings but the overall quality of the racing throughout that meeting was superb.

The weather for Friday looks ok at the moment but obviously things can change.

How long before the meeting is the ticket office open to buy a ticket? I was going to pre book but with dodgy weather around I've decided to wait till the day.

1 hour ago, Woz01 said:

How long before the meeting is the ticket office open to buy a ticket? I was going to pre book but with dodgy weather around I've decided to wait till the day.

Don't be so tight. Get a ticket bought.

You wouldn't want to miss out on the best seats, would you?

If it's rained off you can always get a refund but I have a hunch the weather will be ok.

• Haha 1

I have a season ticket so don't use the ticket office but I think it opens at 6pm on match days.

At the moment the forecast is dry for both Thursday and Saturday.

24 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

I have a season ticket so don't use the ticket office but I think it opens at 6pm on match days.

At the moment the forecast is dry for both Thursday and Saturday.

Not sure that will be too helpful for our chum from Cov, since the meeting starts at 1300 hours.

Dry for Thursday and Saturday doesn't help us poor souls pitching up on Friday!

• Haha 1

The forecast is much better so looks like I will be making the trip up. Love the NSS. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fubar said:

Not sure that will be too helpful for our chum from Cov, since the meeting starts at 1300 hours.

Dry for Thursday and Saturday doesn't help us poor souls pitching up on Friday!

I think you call that a senior moment. :lol:

Ticket booked now for Friday. I think Bees can take something away from the meeting, hopefully a win.

15 hours ago, Woz01 said:

Ticket booked now for Friday. I think Bees can take something away from the meeting, hopefully a win.

Well, looking at Coventry's lacklustre performance against Birmingham last night. I think your chances of coming away with a win are slim to nil.

However, your reserves may be a tad better than ours.........haha

The weather forecast is now looking pretty good for Friday and a bit of a shower will pose no problem for the country's best track.