British Speedway Forum
fubar

Colts v Bees - 30/3/18

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile number.

Many thanks

2 hours ago, fubar said:

Well, looking at Coventry's lacklustre performance against Birmingham last night. I think your chances of coming away with a win are slim to nil.

However, your reserves may be a tad better than ours.........haha

The weather forecast is now looking pretty good for Friday and a bit of a shower will pose no problem for the country's best track.

To be fair I predicted we would lose 52-38 v Birmingham so that was pretty much spot on, not many will get close to them at Perry Barr. Dry day tomorrow up in Manchester, all set for a decent meeting. 

We need a guest for Connor Mountain, he's riding for Ipswich tomorrow.

6 hours ago, Woz01 said:

To be fair I predicted we would lose 52-38 v Birmingham so that was pretty much spot on, not many will get close to them at Perry Barr. Dry day tomorrow up in Manchester, all set for a decent meeting. 

Woz, will you be bringing any other Coventry supporters or are you Johnny No Mates?

I hope a few make it up from the Midlands. It's always nice to see the visiting riders getting a bit of support particularly when they are getting a sound thrashing.

Weather forecast for tomorrow for Gorton is dry with a simply tropical 8 degrees of warmth.

Bring your scarf.

Still looking for a texter for this meeting, is anyone able to help please?

Thanks

9 hours ago, Woz01 said:

Tom Bacon. 

3 hours ago, fubar said:

Woz, will you be bringing any other Coventry supporters or are you Johnny No Mates?

I hope a few make it up from the Midlands. It's always nice to see the visiting riders getting a bit of support particularly when they are getting a sound thrashing.

Weather forecast for tomorrow for Gorton is dry with a simply tropical 8 degrees of warmth.

Bring your scarf.

I might be on my own!. 

I went on the new look Belle Vue website and it says the South Stand isn't open for NL meetings yet the ticket I've booked is for that stand, bizarre.

12 minutes ago, Woz01 said:

I might be on my own!. 

I went on the new look Belle Vue website and it says the South Stand isn't open for NL meetings yet the ticket I've booked is for that stand, bizarre.

It was a mistake on belle vues part. Your ticket will be transferred to the grandstand.

They will explain it all to you when you pick up the ticket. They are aware of there mistake 

• Like 1

Met Office website currently showing forecast of a dry, cloudy Good Friday afternoon, 7 or 8 degrees. Hope to see plenty of Bees colours here tomorrow, racing has been really good so far this season, predicting a hard fought Colts win 50-40.

6 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

It was a mistake on belle vues part. Your ticket will be transferred to the grandstand.

They will explain it all to you when you pick up the ticket. They are aware of there mistake 

Cheers mate. 

10 hours ago, Woz01 said:

I might be on my own!. 

I had tipped the office wallahs off that you were coming up the cobbled motorway from the Mudlands and suggested that since you were a known trouble-maker that you should be put in isolation in the south stand.

We'll give you a cheery wave from the heated seats in the luxurious main stand,

Have a great meeting!

• Haha 2

Still looking for a texter for this meeting, is anyone able to help please?

Thanks

The sun is shining  !!!! . Who would have thought .... :DSunny Manchester 

Edited by WestGorton1884

On 29/03/2018 at 9:14 AM, crazysue said:

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile number.

Many thanks

Messaged you sue. I'll do it 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Gunner85 said:

Enjoyable match with a decent sized crowd for the Colts.

Pretty decent meeting and as Gunner says not a bad turnout for a NL meeting.

Having watched today's proceedings,  a few things are pretty obvious:

a. Neither of these two teams is good enough to win a championship

b. Ben Woodhull is showing quite a lot of promise and a good dollop of character.

c. Kean Dicken was not quite as slow as I thought he would be but he can only get better......hopefully.

d. Jack Smith and Kyle Bickley showed quite a lot of class today

e. When you see Jon Armstrong you are never sure if he has just sneaked out the back of the pits for another crafty fag or whether the smoke is coming from yet another of his blown up motors.

f. Belle Vue certainly make an effort to put on a decent event for the punters and they should be applauded for their efforts.

Apart from that, nothing to report really.