British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PHILIPRISING

BIG ISSUE

2 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

Seen the blurbs on social media for this and think I will steer clear this year--two of the people who feature in the plugs are far from my cup of tea.

STRANGE reason if I may say so

No copies in whsmiths (lady says the delivery for many mags did not arrive today), Asda, or Tesco. In Ashford Kent.

With it being BH tomorrow is there any likely hood of them hitting the shelves?

Edited by teaboy279

Well done to all at SS.

Hard to know where to start with so much to read :D

16 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

STRANGE reason if I may say so

Probably should have said - no respect for two of the contributors.

50 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Probably should have said - no respect for two of the contributors.

AND that is enough to stop you buying a 112 page edition with all the facts and figures you might find useful in the weeks and months ahead?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Excellent read this week. Having been away last week I've got 2 issues to get through as my alternative to the rained off Good Friday meetings!! :-)

Just emailed my confirmation of the Star Subs Membership too!!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

AND that is enough to stop you buying a 112 page edition with all the facts and figures you might find useful in the weeks and months ahead?

I am afraid so. 

Reading headline I thought maybe speedway was featured in 'the' Big Issue that is sold on the streets, peeps might be surprsied at the subjects which get covered.  But my bumper 'Star arrived ok and on time, excellent issue as always, will take the usual week to get through, so far I've loved Davey Watt's Premiership preview, Adam Roynon on the Champs League, 'judge' Drury's take on the NL & Crumpie's thoughts on the GPs & competitors therein.  Good stuff....

Was on shelves in Ashford today. Got 20 pages in to it today. Another rain off tomorrow should mean another 30 pages or so. Always find it a rush to get this read before next Thursday. ..... lol

Another fantastic publication that launches every Speedway Season so superbly....

Just a shame that the Promoters of the Sport, as a collective, don't launch the Season so superbly too..!

Anyone delivering such an excellent piece of work should be very proud of it and their achievements...

Excellent preview edition, congratulations to all involved putting it together 

I bought the March 24th edition of the SS for the first time in a very long time and I have to say I was not impressed. I bought it for the BV anniversary article and I have to say it was not even nearly indepth enough, and it seemed it only scratched the surface on the 90 year history of the club.

9 hours ago, one of clubs said:

I bought the March 24th edition of the SS for the first time in a very long time and I have to say I was not impressed. I bought it for the BV anniversary article and I have to say it was not even nearly indepth enough, and it seemed it only scratched the surface on the 90 year history of the club.

Maybe Belle Vue could produce a better one,the SS is weekly speedway magazine it is not a historical mag.Athough it's winter articles are excellent IMO  

• Like 1

When I seen the title at the top of the page I thought it was about a big issue seller in the street lol. Good read and pleased they do not raise the price  like they do for the racing post for Cheltenham week.

On 30/03/2018 at 1:40 PM, Richard Weston said:

I am afraid so. 

Relented. Still think there were some poor choices as exerts but on the basis of nose/face/cutting off etc - I paid up. Good job I did. It was the last one

• Like 1