Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
uk_martin

Brummies v Bees - 28/03/2018

2 hours ago, Brummies_Ste said:

...SPREAD THE WORD!

Hells bells, I know most of us are pretty old here, but we're not all clinically blind. :o

Best of luck to Leon Flint who is making his debut tonight, huge talent that has every chance of making it big.

4 hours ago, screm said:

Best of luck to Leon Flint who is making his debut tonight, huge talent that has every chance of making it big.

Not a bad debut. Has started better than Zach Wajknecht did a few years ago so there's hope...

Guest GiveusaB
13 hours ago, screm said:

Great debut imo.....bags of confidence...prepared to explore every inch of the track......a very passionate/proud young rider !

Cant wait to see him develop!

Lucky Brummies!

23 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Great debut imo.....bags of confidence...prepared to explore every inch of the track......a very passionate/proud young rider !

Cant wait to see him develop!

Lucky Brummies!

How was Hume GUB ? what do you think future wise he fell in one race remounted a great return from a horrible i injury want him to have a injury free run a great prospect.Like him to average 9.30 plus NL and if he can average over 5 in the prem in which he can it would of been a great year.

Guest GiveusaB
23 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

How was Hume GUB ? what do you think future wise he fell in one race remounted a great return from a horrible i injury want him to have a injury free run a great prospect.Like him to average 9.30 plus NL and if he can average over 5 in the prem in which he can it would of been a great year.

Hume started where he finished last season imo.

The track was a bit wet in parts, hence the fall....but he'd earlier won a race off 15 Mtrs.

He is definitely going to run Mitch Davey close for the No.1 spot at Perry Barr.

Guest GiveusaB
9 minutes ago, Bees_Man said:

Many bees supporters there?

I could be wrong? but I didn't see/hear many ? in fact, I saw more Cradley fans !

Credit to the track staff for getting it on, looked bleak when we got in and it started raining again but after a tentative first couple of heats which cleared some of the surface water it held up pretty well.

Promising for the Brummies, Davey's hot start for Swindon looks like no fluke and he was absolutely miles ahead of everyone, reminded me very much of Adam Ellis at #1 for us and Eastbourne a couple of years back, wouldn't shock me at all if he's got the highest average in the league come the end of the season.

And he's going to be backed up very well by Danyon Hume who was also flying, he'll make an absolute mockery of his starting average if he stays fit. There's going to be some very good heat 13's (when Mitchell gets to #1) and 15's for us with those two. Bacon looked good too, had most of his success at #4 last year and not as a heat leader but hopefully with a couple of big hitters above him this year it'll take the pressure off a bit, hard to see a better HL trio in the league even at this early stage.

Flint is definitely the real deal, going to be very exciting watching his progress this season. Cupitt looked like the rider from the first half of last season not the second, and 10 points from number 2 is very encouraging. Good to see them both get the outing in heat 15 whilst the rules allowed it.

Walker a little disappointing, but plenty of leeway given for the tricky conditions and it being his debut, as long as he can chip in with 5 or 6 at home from that position then that'll be fine, and he'll probably end up at reserve once Flint's average goes up which will let him rack up a few more. Butcher unsurprisingly well off the pace (led Halder for a lap though) but that was all expected and we just need him to stay on his bike and pick up the pieces if anyone comes off, which he did to get his second place.

Coventry were disappointing, Mountain will be a reliable high scorer, and Halder rode well, much like I expected him to when he guested for us last season and flattered to deceive. Armstrong and Harris the biggest disappointments though, Armstrong well off the pace and Harris has impressed me around PB before, so surprised for him to get 0 from 3 rides before winning a relatively low calibre heat 14.

Not many Bees fans, not a fantastic turnout of Brummies either, not massively surprising with the weather I guess but hopefully now people have seen the Mason's will do everything to get the meeting on then it might encourage people to chance it a bit more in the future.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Bees_Man said:

Many bees supporters there?

difficult to say not many wearing Bee's scarfs ect or vocal encouragement.

I had a  chat with one Cov supporter & I asked him if he would be going to Leicester his reply in his words

" No I hate Horton he is a liar !

The weather put me and my family off attending, sounds like they did well getting it on. Predicted 52-38 so pretty much spot on, some concerns but I guess for some of the bees riders they've had little or no track time. Harris for example tried a new frame which he didn't get to terms with so switched bikes and won his final heat. Halder score was very good. 

2 hours ago, CUFC_Brummie said:

Not many Bees fans, not a fantastic turnout of Brummies either, not massively surprising with the weather I guess but hopefully now people have seen the Mason's will do everything to get the meeting on then it might encourage people to chance it a bit more in the future.

I went into the grandstand for the second half - it was bitterly cold - and found that it was nearly full, so there must have been more people attending than it seemed. There were plenty outside.

Was judging on outside only so maybe it was busier than normal inside because of the weather. Down the main straight was pretty normal, quiet in the two temp stands on turn 1 where I stand though.

Guest GiveusaB

A combination of weather and Coventry supporters stand-off stance with Horton, will no doubt have affected attendance levels !

I didn't think it was that cold tbh..... 'surprisingly' ! (cant stand watching from behind a window)

The referee held the tapes for far too long imo....hence the tape breakages early on !

Why do some refs want/have to be centre of proceedings ? 'JOKER' !

Edited by GiveusaB

5 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Hume started where he finished last season imo.

The track was a bit wet in parts, hence the fall....but he'd earlier won a race off 15 Mtrs.

He is definitely going to run Mitch Davey close for the No.1 spot at Perry Barr.

Davey has started very encouragingly for the Robins he really has impressed last week riding some superb lines against Belle Vue at the Abbey.Hume will challenge for the no 1 spot for me Danyon just needs to get his race fitness back and enjoy his racing and not to override (i.e. Over try nowt wrong with that).Those two will be getting 20 plus points between them most weeks backed by Bacon,     Flint is a hell of a prospect and what little i have seen of Walker there is a rider in there also Cuppit can improve the Brum have a nice little team.

Edited by Sidney the robin