British Speedway Forum
uk_martin

Brummies v Bees - 28/03/2018

Am proud to sponsor Leon Flint, and am really pleased about his first performance at Birmingham.  He will get a lot better as the season goes on, I promise you that, very confident on his machinery and very confident in his ability to improve.  This is a rider who needs no pressure, he will do that himself.

TAFFY

Edited by balderdash&piffle
wrong wording
  • Like 1

Guest GiveusaB
15 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Davey has started very encouragingly for the Robins he really has impressed last week riding some superb lines against Belle Vue at the Abbey.Hume will challenge for the no 1 spot for me Danyon just needs to get his race fitness back and enjoy his racing and not to override (i.e. Over try nowt wrong with that).Those two will be getting 20 plus points between them most weeks backed by Bacon,     Flint is a hell of a prospect and what little i have seen of Walker there is a rider in there also Cuppit can improve the Brum have a nice little team.

Yes, been following Davey's scores/performances for the Robins and it looks very promising so far! Sometimes, it just clicks with some riders and when confidence is 'high', anything is possible?

You're quite right about 'Danny' ? fine line between over riding and over trying ! but he sure looks comfortable on the bike right now! He looks very versatile too....can ride more than one line if required?

Walker has potential and he showed a lot of courage for his first meeting last night. I think he just needs to get out the gate a little quicker, but that'll come with more matches under his belt.

As you say, we do have a decent side this season....and to top it all....we have some 'entertainers' amongst the pack, which is great from a fans/neutral perspective!

Layne Cuppit can definitely perform above his average with the right attitude/application. Hoping the team spirit can give him the lift as and when he needs it.

Tom Bacon has come back looking fitter than ever imo and it certainly shows.....

Next meeting is Kent, which will provide a much stiffer challenge to last night, so we'll see how they fair after that?

7 hours ago, balderdash&piffle said:

Am proud to sponsor Leon Flint, and am really pleased about his first performance at Birmingham.  He will get a lot better as the season goes on, I promise you that, very confident on his machinery and very confident in his ability to improve.  This is a rider who needs no pressure, he will do that himself.

TAFFY

Oh do you sponsor Leon you've never mentioned that before 

3 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

And Leon's sponsors logos stay on his Kevlars, even if you've seen them before too.

Guest GiveusaB
8 hours ago, balderdash&piffle said:

TAFFY

We're lucky to have him!

Cant wait to see his progression!

1 hour ago, adonis said:

I get it . however isn't that what sponsorship is all about ,  blowing your own trumpet ? Vodafone throw millions of pounds away on a pathetic boring So called sport , and in return the boring participants bandy the name Vodafone about as much as possible 

Not the same at all that's to get the word Vodafone subliminal stuck  in your mind which it clearly has .

23 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

We're lucky to have him!

Cant wait to see his progression!

And Leon is lucky to have sponsors like balderdash&piffle on board too.

As for smart alec remarks about B&P's involvement, how sad that is to see.

On 3/29/2018 at 9:33 PM, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

I am hoping by mentioning it, other fans will think he is worth sponsoring.  It's a damned expensive sport, and they need every bit of help, I should perhaps waste my money on a rider that rides for another club, rather than the one I support.  I look above snide comments from an odd fan, as I know the vast majority  of Brummie fans are fantastic bunch of fans.  What should be remembered is it is due to riders sponsors that the rider is able to ride for your club, and on going support allows them competitive equipment.

• Like 2

Fans have the chance to sponsor any of the Brummies for fuel, oil, tyres, kevlars ..or whatever ....all help gratefully received by all the riders