British Speedway Forum
Bluenose

Gardening Back !!!!!

What is going on ???

I thought they had done a good job cutting out the gardening,now its back.

A couple of years ago Scotty did a lot of gardening the one meeting on TV, he nearly ran in to Titchmarshes Garden Rescue programme,

What does everybody think  ???????????????????????

THE Speedway Control Bureau have issued an amendment to Regulation 15.2.6. This previously required riders to remain astride their machines when preparing their Start area.

With agreement from members of the BSPA Management Committee, the SCB have decided that Regulation 15.2.6 will revert back to the wording as per the 2017 Regulations. It therefore now reads:

15.2.6 Only if a rider is at the Starting Gate with sufficient time remaining of the 2-minute allowance, be permitted to prepare their Start Area, provided they remain in full, personal control of their motorcycle, have their Cut – Out Lanyard attached, and with their motorcycle facing the direction of racing.                                                   The full SCB Regulations and Supplementary Regulations are available from http://scbgb.co.uk/regulations .

Makes perfect sense - it clearly was not a very well considered amendment for this season.  2 minute clocks are what should have been implemented!

• Like 6

Its all health and safety now,       the line  (    provided they remain in full, personal control of their motorcycle,   )

if i was still at work the Safety guys would say   An accident waiting to happen !!!!!!

why does it matter what they do? what should have happened is they have 2 minute clocks and at the end of the 2 minutes if someone isnt ready to race theyre thrown out. for all i care they can go make a cup of tea, as long as they are ready at the two minutes why does it matter?

• Like 2

Riders have messed about at the start gate ever since I have watched speedway. The referees are the ones to blame for letting it happen. Refs are to lenient and weak to exclude people.

Just get professional and make every club use a 2minute countdown clock. Then that ends all arguments. Not ready for tapes at time zero - excluded. Plus no rider to replace that rider.

I saw a rider in Poland last year arrive at start with 20secs left. He was called forward by start marshal. Rider came to tapes then backed off to adjust his goggles and clock hit 0.00. Referee immediately excluded him. This rider had also been excluded for touching tapes earlier. When he got back into the pits the Club manager sacked him on the spot. Told him to f..k off and don’t try collect his pay before leaving the city. Rest of team knew then that 2 minute clock meant 2 minutes. 

• Like 6

Fair play to them for realising that the rule wss impractical.

• Like 1

Good decision, so embarrasing that rules are rescinded though ...

Why don't they trial these things before rushing them through?

Glad the rule has gone as it was daft but as Trees says it's embarrassing to have to do a U turn. 

48 minutes ago, mrss said:

Riders have messed about at the start gate ever since I have watched speedway. The referees are the ones to blame for letting it happen. Refs are to lenient and weak to exclude people.

In the end the paying public miss out then when a rider is excluded leave it as it is 

I totally agree with all the above, and very unfair on the smaller statuared riders. I was talking to little Norman Strachan last week about this subject, he is smaller than all the present riders, and even he was suprised this was brought in. Good on the powers that be to see a little sense.

Edited by Starman2006

Excellent decision.

The only decision it was introduced was to pander to a small minority of vociferous buffoons.

1 hour ago, Steve0 said:

Makes perfect sense - it clearly was not a very well considered amendment for this season.  2 minute clocks are what should have been implemented!

Exactly, that's ALL that is required. 

• Like 1