British Speedway Forum
Bluenose

Gardening Back !!!!!

42 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Why don't they trial these things before rushing them through?

Glad the rule has gone as it was daft but as Trees says it's embarrassing to have to do a U turn. 

No need really to trial anything...

They already have the control mechanic to reduce any drawn out evenings. .

It's called the putting the riders on '2 minutes'!!

They just need to bloody use it properly!!

Put everyone on two minutes after say two minutes of the previous race finishing..

I would also add that if there is an unsatisfactory start then absolutely no pit gates open and the riders come back round straight away, meaning the bike you started the race on is the one you start the re-run on....

No faffing around adjusting clutches or indeed any other mechanical adjustments that get disovered by the 'false start'. (And surely fuel isn't required just by doing a false start)?

Call the 2 minutes,  and if the race hasnt already started by the time the full 2 minutes have expired, send the tapes up the moment 120 seconds have past and start the race, riders ready or not. (Excluding them will just delay meetings further whilst decisions get made as who will race in the re-run/riders go back to the pits gate to 'faff' with their bikes)..

It will take a fortnight or so I reckon to embed the consistent use of what already exists, but isn't used anyway near effectively enough currently..

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 4

41 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Why don't they trial these things before rushing them through?

Glad the rule has gone as it was daft but as Trees says it's embarrassing to have to do a U turn. 

Dont see any need to trial this one. Copypaste it from the FIM rulebook and it would have worked a treat. After 2 mins youre either ready to start or you are out. After which another 2 mins start for either a reserve or 15 m back. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mikebv said:

No need really to trial anything...

They already have the control mechanic to reduce any drawn out evenings. .

It's called the putting the riders on '2 minutes'!!

They just need to bloody use it properly!!

Put everyone on two minutes after say two minutes of the previous race finishing..

I would also add that if there is an unsatisfactory start then absolutely no pit gates open and the riders come back round straight away, meaning the bike you started the race on is the one you start the re-run on....

No faffing around adjusting clutches or indeed any other mechanical adjustments that get disovered by the 'false start'...

Call the 2 minutes,  and if the race hasnt already started by the time the full 2 minutes have expired send the tapes up the second 120 seconds have past and start the race..

It will take a fortnight or so I reckon to embed the consistent use of what already exists, but isn't used effectively enough currently..

I agree with most of this, especially the  unsatifactory start, no pit gates should be opened. If they are then that said rider/s are put back on 2 minutes.. If they are not at tapes within that fresh 2 minutes they are excluded.

Good ride by Fricke although to be fair he should be beating them even off 15 metres.

1 hour ago, f-s-p said:

Dont see any need to trial this one. Copypaste it from the FIM rulebook and it would have worked a treat. After 2 mins youre either ready to start or you are out. After which another 2 mins start for either a reserve or 15 m back. 

Absolutely, couldn't agree more but it was a general point.....don't bring a rule in without trialling it in some form first. As other sports do. It's asking for trouble if not, and risks making the decision makers look silly.

• Like 2

At least now we have the correct regulation in place albeit 4 months late - the amendment should never have made it out of the AGM

Sensible decision as it was unfair on shorter riders.

two minures is just that, two minutes. Garden your spot, but don’t turn around to clear your goggles.

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

two minures is just that, two minutes. Garden your spot, but don’t turn around to clear your goggles.

Or save time and ditch the goggles :P

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mrss said:

Riders have messed about at the start gate ever since I have watched speedway. The referees are the ones to blame for letting it happen. Refs are to lenient and weak to exclude people.

They didn't when they started on concrete! Anyone else remember that?.

2 hours ago, Fred Flange said:

The rule itself delayed the start when otherwise the start wouldn't have been delayed.

At least it gave us the brilliant heat when Fricke went off 15m and still won. It also made me giggle when he reacted to the green light by looking down at the gate as though it was next him, lol!

Brilliant by Fricke on a brilliant track. Stick that up yer pipe ref!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

If you have time, U can change the jetting if you want to. Two minutes remains 120 seconds no matter what. The problem is and was what happens before and after: When the ref turns the 2 mins on and do you need to be ready at the tapes or heading towards the tapes (perhaps from the rubbishter). Thats where you find time to save.

It took me 6 years to get Finnish refs convinced that they need to turn 2 mins on every damn time. That was only 5 refs. Dont expect You lot to sort this in during this decade...:blink::D

10 hours ago, Mr X said:

Brilliant by Fricke on a brilliant track. Stick that up yer pipe ref!

Can we have 10 races like that per meeting please :)  Handicaps are perhaps the way to go ;)

Gardening is fine by me but cannot stand the tyre warming / groove digging by spinning the wheel constantly. Best decision by the GP's to rule that out and league racing should follow suit