British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

Scorpions vs Edinburgh - 1.4.18 SGB Championship

Image may contain: one or more people and text

Quite looking forward to this.. id guess expected line ups are

Scorpions - Steve, Jake, Josh, Stefan, Jason, Gino, Danny

Edinburgh - Wells, Ruml, M Riss, Andersson, E Riss, Williamson, Pickering.

First prediction of the season i'll go for a Scorpions 47-43 win

I noticed admission gone up a pound. I think Scunny can take this, I would line up like so......

1. Worral
  2. Nielsen
  3. Garrity
  4. Allen
  5. Auty
  6. Philips
  7. Gino

With having the kids afterwards, id say it was normal double header admission (as shown on poster)

14 hours ago, eric i said:

I noticed admission gone up a pound.

Single headers have gone up £1 from £15 to £16.

Double-headers remain at £17.

Normal admission prices have gone up from £15 to £16 but double headers have stayed the same at £17.

The riding order, from what I remember at the "Meet The Riders" evening would be

1. Worrall   2. Nielsen   3. Allen   4. Auty   5.Garrity   6. Phillips   7. Manzares

I expected Auty to be at 3 but think he was starting at 4. This was almost a month ago so things could have changed.

One thing that did catch my eye from following on the Updates site was that the Edinburgh riders were quick out the gates, again, at Glasgow.

Can only see Edinburgh turning Scunny over to be honest. So sorry to say it but they could get ironed in this fixture.

• Haha 1

Think its all down to the individual battles between opposite numbers. (Winner in bold)

S. Worrall vs R. Wells (Think it will be close but Stevie will just edge it)

J. Allen vs M. Ruml (First time visit for MR i think so Allen should score more, but Max may like Scunny and keep it close)

J. Auty vs M. Riss (Again very close but Auty is always good around his home track and has that HL experience)

S. Neilsen vs J. Andersson (Don't think Andersson will take all 4 programmed rides unless he happens to take to Scunny.)

J. Garrity vs E. Riss (Riss to win this battle comfortably. Garrity will throw a fall in somewhere and Erik has started well.)

D. Phillips vs M. Williamson (Matt looked quick at Glasgow last week and looks like a steal on that average. Id expect Phillips to struggle on previous times ive seen him.)

G. Manzares vs J. Pickering (Depends if Gino can ride like he did last time he was here and which JP turns up.)

Overall i think it will be a close battle, which the scorpions should just edge.

Scorpions 48

Monarchs 42.

Osdal boy.. I know the meeting happens on april fools day but its too early for them jokes atm

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, OdsalBoy said:

Can only see Edinburgh turning Scunny over to be honest. So sorry to say it but they could get ironed in this fixture.

have to agree to some extent.monarchs will have had more competitive track time.steve worral being the exception

33 minutes ago, Moranboys said:

have to agree to some extent.monarchs will have had more competitive track time.steve worral being the exception

Phillips, Allen, Garrity and Manzares have already raced elsewhere. Only Auty and Nielsen are going in cold but i'm sure they'll have been practicing a plenty at the EWR

Edited by Fozzie4388

6 hours ago, Paul Johnson said:

Has Matty Wiliamson ever had a good meeting at scunny?

You just know he will on Sunday. He’s much improved since his time with the Scorpions and no end of times a riders returns and puts in a blinding performance!

I am so looking forward to Sunday our SCORPIONS first meeting. Good luck to all SCORPS RIDERS, especially my 2 favourites Josh and Stevie!  So long as we finish with riders in one piece I'll settle for a win  if only by one pt! ................GO SCORPIONS!!!!!!!!