British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
4thbender

Rule change - better or worse?

A change to the rules has just been announced: riders were previously required to remain astride their machines when preparing their start area. This will now revert back to the wording as per the 2017 Regulations.

It therefore now reads:  "Only if a rider is at the starting gate with sufficient time remaining of the 2-minute allowance, be permitted to prepare their Start Area, provided they remain in full, personal control of their motorcycle, have their Cut – Out Lanyard attached, and with their motorcycle facing the direction of racing."

Is this for better or worse?

Better

Amendment served no purpose. It didnt save time and didnt add anything to the meeting

• Like 4

they make a rule on a Saturday night when they are on the lash and come Monday they have had time to think about it and change it to cover their mistakes . i thought muppets did not drink !

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, comet49 said:

Do they ever think about the effect of rules? I don’t need an answer.

The question should have been just, do they ever think;)

Edited by Stainlesssteelride
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, comet49 said:

Do they ever think about the effect of rules? I don’t need an answer.

There are a few others that spring to mind but it is strange how it caught out around 1/2 dozen riders in challenge meetings but none at Peterborough Sunday in the CS meeting. Were the riders trying to prove a point.

Riders above a 6 point average now allowed in Championship from Premiership but in rules still not.

Should have kept the "at least 2 Brits" in squad or al least 1 in a reserve position to allow riders to progress. There are still riders out of a team place similar to 2017 for having the wrong average to fit yet they allow a list of 260 riders to be circulated from abroad, who start in the Premiership on a 4 or Championship on 5.2.

The addition of a time clock on the centre green now seems to be a must to assist referees, start marshals, riders & the paying public.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

There are a few others that spring to mind but it is strange how it caught out around 1/2 dozen riders in challenge meetings but none at Peterborough Sunday in the CS meeting. Were the riders trying to prove a point.

Riders above a 6 point average now allowed in Championship from Premiership but in rules still not.

Should have kept the "at least 2 Brits" in squad or al least 1 in a reserve position to allow riders to progress. There are still riders out of a team place similar to 2017 for having the wrong average to fit yet they allow a list of 260 riders to be circulated from abroad, who start in the Premiership on a 4 or Championship on 5.2.

The addition of a time clock on the centre green now seems to be a must to assist referees, start marshals, riders & the paying public.

Will they now have to re-run the Peterborough meeting so all matches in the CS are under the same rules?

A meeting with different rules could decide a qualifier from that group.

im all for the allow prep if at gate early enough

the ones who arive as the 2 minutes are about to end deserve to have to line up with no prep of the start grid

ive always said the 2 mins time allowence should mean rider in a sort of holding area at tapes(say within 5 metre behind tapes) ready to be pulled up by start marshal

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scaramanga said:

im all for the allow prep if at gate early enough

the ones who arive as the 2 minutes are about to end deserve to have to line up with no prep of the start grid

ive always said the 2 mins time allowence should mean rider in a sort of holding area at tapes(say within 5 metre behind tapes) ready to be pulled up by start marshal

thats way too easy to put into practice !

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Stainlesssteelride said:

2 mins over tapes go up. They would soon be out early enough then.  Stop pussy footing around the riders.

sometimes they are genuinely working on bikes and are pushed

but its the ones who sit at pits gate until 15 seconds and then potter round and still want to prep gate that anooy me

paul thorpe was a master at it

its all mind games

13 hours ago, scaramanga said:

sometimes they are genuinely working on bikes and are pushed

but its the ones who sit at pits gate until 15 seconds and then potter round and still want to prep gate that anooy me

paul thorpe was a master at it

its all mind games

Which is why, in my opinion, the rule should be "ready to race  within the two minutes," rather than "on the track."

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Which is why, in my opinion, the rule should be "ready to race  within the two minutes," rather than "on the track."

Spot on Steve

4 hours ago, StevePark said:

if im not wrong once upon a time it was

instead of the on track making way to tapes its been last few years