British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rocketrod

Polish Geography Help.

hey has any of you that go Polish matches any advice or help for me please?

I'm need to be in Krakow for Tuesday July 3rd.

I want to take in a Polish fixture on the weekend of the 30/1st July.

Which of these fixtures will give me the best experience etc

I am open to fly into any airport, my only travel plan is to be in Krakow for Tuesday.

Cash Broker Stal Gorzów - MRGARDEN GKM Grudziądz (1 July )
Betard Sparta Wrocław - Grupa Azoty Unia Tarnów (1 july )
Włókniarz Częstochowa - Fogo Unia Leszno (1 July )
Get Well Toruń - Ekantor.pl Falubaz Zielona Góra (1 july )

Łódź - Gniezno
Gdańsk - Rybnik
Piła - Kraków
Lublin - Daugavpils

Thanks in advance........

Poland is a big country, you don’t say whether hiring a car or using train. Probably closest for you would be to fly to Wroclaw see meeting there. Krakow then about 3 1/2 drive away. Or fly Katowice or Krakow about 2 hrs to Czestochowa and back to Krakow. No experience of trains in Poland, but generally where there are motorways in between cities they are very good. If you choose Gdansk, Torun etc. Expect a long journey. Hope this helps. 

ll the other ones possible, depends how many hours travel you want to get Krakow. 

Thanks for your reply. I’m willing to hire a car or get a train from a match to Krakow. I’ve looked at google maps etc for distances and I know some are about 4 hrs drive or more. But if there’s like a derby match or a team with unbelievable experience then I’m happy to travel. 

Hi Rocketrod, I would definitely do Czestochowa v Leszno on the Sunday- Czestochowa is a great racetrack and not to far from Krakow. Not sure yet if there will be Nice Polska/div 2  matches on the Saturday however there is a meeting at Gniezno(European U21 team semi-final) definitely- although quite a distance from  Czestochowa.

Edited by racers and royals