British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bandits4eva

Berwick vs Newcastle 31/03/18 1st Leg TTT

11 minutes ago, soupy said:

2017 first meeting was a draw v Newcastle

Yes, that was a nice day, I had been to Kelso in the afternoon, then came over for the meeting.

1 minute ago, ruffdiamond said:

Yes, that was a nice day, I had been to Kelso in the afternoon, then came over for the meeting.

I thought the first meeting was the 50th season spectacular which Claus won? 

10 minutes ago, sparks123 said:

Dunno mate, but the 45/45 match with Newcastle was on a nice day.

1 minute ago, sparks123 said:

That's correct.   First meeting of 2017 under the new promotion, but celebrating the previous fifty seasons.     On March 18th, won by Claus Vissing.

The Newcastle match was the following week, March 25th.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

It was the opening meeting of 2016 (against Redcar) that was saved -- absolutely -- by covers, but left vehicles stranded in car-park.

The same match had been rained off the week before about 6.15  without turnstiles being opened, and people might have been stranded that night as well.

The really big operation was after the first FIM meeting in 2012, when at least twenty vehicles were bogged down, perhaps because it was a huge crowd and people unfamiliar with the car-park had ventured into parts they shouldn't oughter have!

Don't think we have to worry about huge crowds nowadays!!!!!!

Yep my mistake,Newcastle where there the second week.

11 minutes ago, soupy said:

Yep my mistake,Newcastle where there the second week.

So,,, if you had attended the opening meeting, your Bentley may have been damaged by tractors ? ;)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

So,,, if you had attended the opening meeting, your Bentley may have been damaged by tractors ? ;)

Lol Did you go to Kelso races that day  on the 25th  2017? I was supposed to go but never made it but just as well the last race they pulled the horse out  that I was going to back.

21 minutes ago, soupy said:

Lol Did you go to Kelso races that day  on the 25th  2017? I was supposed to go but never made it but just as well the last race they pulled the horse out  that I was going to back.

yes, and the outsider won the last race, about 22/1 and had won with a circuit to go (the only mare there on the day) ;)

1 hour ago, crescent girl said:

It was the opening meeting of 2016 (against Redcar) that was saved -- absolutely -- by covers, but left vehicles stranded in car-park.

The same match had been rained off the week before about 6.15  without turnstiles being opened, and people might have been stranded that night as well.

The really big operation was after the first FIM meeting in 2012, when at least twenty vehicles were bogged down, perhaps because it was a huge crowd and people unfamiliar with the car-park had ventured into parts they shouldn't oughter have!

Your quite right, it was not last year, Old age and memory loss seem to come together haha

nice to see a few Berwick and Newcastle fans over to workington for the Cumberland  Classic . thanks for making the effort guys .

• Like 1

On 3/31/2018 at 4:19 PM, crescent girl said:

An uncharacteristically uncharitable post, Steve.     

Please read my second post (I'd give you the number of it, but doesn't appear since they change the forum!!).

So I will copy and paste it and highlight the bit that is prevalent.... It was in reply to 

On 3/31/2018 at 12:18 PM, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Just because Newcastle have a bunch of lazy fans who wouldn’t put the covers down for poor old Steve he’ll have a dig at the track who do.

We have plenty of volunteers to put sheets down.  Access to the stadium is the problem and, with a dog meeting every Saturday afternoon and night, there is no timescale available to put them down, before a Sunday evening.  Could Berwick have been able to cover the track if Berwick Rangers had been at home today (genuine question)?

It wasn't supposed to be a dig at the track/promotion/volunteers.  It was a dig at 1) the weather and 2) those who think that covers will save every meeting.  

I was at the FIM meeting a couple of years back when we were standing around for 50 mins whilst the FIM made the decision to call the meeting off, something that could have been done an hour and half earlier.  That proved back then they work, but only if it's stops raining in time.

31 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Please read my second post (I'd give you the number of it, but doesn't appear since they change the forum!!).

So I will copy and paste it and highlight the bit that is prevalent.... It was in reply to 

Just because Newcastle have a bunch of lazy fans who wouldn’t put the covers down for poor old Steve he’ll have a dig at the track who do.

We have plenty of volunteers to put sheets down.  Access to the stadium is the problem and, with a dog meeting every Saturday afternoon and night, there is no timescale available to put them down, before a Sunday evening.  Could Berwick have been able to cover the track if Berwick Rangers had been at home today (genuine question)?

It wasn't supposed to be a dig at the track/promotion/volunteers.  It was a dig at 1) the weather and 2) those who think that covers will save every meeting.  

I was at the FIM meeting a couple of years back when we were standing around for 50 mins whilst the FIM made the decision to call the meeting off, something that could have been done an hour and half earlier.  That proved back then they work, but only if it's stops raining in time.

Do you need the lend of a spade Steve ? ;)

16 hours ago, StevePark said:

Covers wouldn’t work at Newcastle as the drains are basically useless.

17 minutes ago, Heedthebaw said:

Covers wouldn’t work at Newcastle as the drains are basically useless.

We've got natural drainage, but unfortunately were not on a sandy loam.

• Like 1