British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bandits4eva

Berwick vs Newcastle 31/03/18 1st Leg TTT

8 hours ago, DSC67 said:

I don't any problems here this should be a comfortable win for Berwick , but we've been here before with teams we should be easily and sometimes have struggled and even lost on some occasions , but I'd fancy a 10 point win for The Bandits 

Almost got the points difference correct , but not th way I expected. Fair play to The Diamonds they where the better team on the night The Bandits couldn't get out the gate and where never in it to be honest . IMHO the scoreline slightly flatters Berwick. There will be a lot tougher tests to come especially next weekend and we'll need to sharpen up 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, homer said:

Two crap teams battling for the wooden spoon this season

homer - given the amount of times redcar have picked up the wooden spoon youre probably well qualified to spot a wooden spoonist

I somehow think neither redcar, Berwick or Newcastle will be winning any honours this year ...

23 minutes ago, homer said:

Got similar score to what Ipswich got the previous week or so , to be honest was not expecting much more , same goes tomorrow with at least two riders never having ridden there before , if kus turns up might keep it around a 10pt loss never do much at the dog track

is that the Ipswich that got beat at home tonight ? :P

You are right about Kus but Barker still scores well, and a lot will depend on both Andersen's and Busch. Pijper the odd one.

Edited by Tsunami

What a difference a week makes. Staggered at how we can beat Glasgow one week and get thoroughly beaten by Newcastle the next. Track was ultra slick tonight and when you add getting regularly outgated it spells trouble. Couple of really good races tonight, Doolan and Wilkinson, NBJ and Wethers, passing and re-passing, Summers with a couple of nice passes, other than that it was from the gate. As brilliant as Captain Kev was last week, he was poor tonight. Very impressive comeback from Matty Wethers, given that he didn't get a team place last season. Hope there is more grip next week or they really need to sort the gating out. 

On the plus side, another big crowd tonight, plenty of visitors, nice weather and meeting run at a decent pace, given a rider replacement.  

6 minutes ago, mauger65 said:

homer - given the amount of times redcar have picked up the wooden spoon youre probably well qualified to spot a wooden spoonist

I somehow think neither redcar, Berwick or Newcastle will be winning any honours this year ...

That was in the Havelock days long gone them now , none are title winners , i would say Redcar have the better side as it stands ,but pretty sure Nicki Pedersen  can be brought in from May on an OAP average

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

is that the Ipswich that got beat at home tonight ? :P

You are right about Kus but Barker still scores well, and a lot will depend on both Andersen's and Busch. Pijper the odd one.

not seen tonight`s results other than this one , sure that`s twice Ippo have lost at home , did Pijper not ride for you lot at one point,think Mikkel could be okay if he gates , but who knows i will go for a Kus 15pt max;)

3 minutes ago, homer said:

not seen tonight`s results other than this one , sure that`s twice Ippo have lost at home , did Pijper not ride for you lot at one point,think Mikkel could be okay if he gates , but who knows i will go for a Kus 15pt max;)

No Pipjer was a Monarch and I think he had a spell at Glasgow. Used to be a good fast rider but really disappointed with him on Thursday at reserve. Think we have used him as a guest not so long ago. Tomorrow we will see if Mikkel was just a flash in the pan on Thursday, or if he is better that our old asset Jonas.

Having watched them both ride in the danish league i think Mikkel is the better of the two , its just how he he adapts to the british tracks especially Newcastle which is a breed all on its own

• Like 1

First time I have attended the Speedway for a long time but it will be a lot longer before I go back , That tonight can only be described as total complete garbage and a complete waste of 15 quid the fact that other people were  with me was the only thing that stopped me from leaving early . Entertainment value was NIL...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fairplay1 said:

First time I have attended the Speedway for a long time but it will be a lot longer before I go back , That tonight can only be described as total complete garbage and a complete waste of 15 quid the fact that other people were  with me was the only thing that stopped me from leaving early . Entertainment value was NIL...

Bit harsh there was a few passes, just the result and Berwick’s gating wasn’t acceptable

I am never botherd about the result to be honest but I really dont think that was harsh it was totally honest I was ready to leave at heat 6 definately ranks up with the worst meetings I have ever had to suffer and I have been to plenty meetings over the years .. Like I said zero entertainment in my opinion..

Great result for the diamonds didn't see that coming roll on tomorrow. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, highside said:

Great result for the diamonds didn't see that coming roll on tomorrow. 

Don't think many seen that coming,,, great stuff.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, fairplay1 said:

you should have been at sunny last night if it was entertainment you wanted.just go on speedway forum,scunny v sheff,select last page, scroll down and take a look at ht 13.in fact just about all of the heats were as exciting.