British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bandits4eva

Berwick vs Newcastle 31/03/18 1st Leg TTT

9 hours ago, Moranboys said:

you should have been at sunny last night if it was entertainment you wanted.just go on speedway forum,scunny v sheff,select last page, scroll down and take a look at ht 13.in fact just about all of the heats were as exciting.

Entertainment is all I want the result is secondary , yes a win is a bonus but was totally bored out my mind last night, I like the Lads who are promoting at Berwick and hope they get things sorted Scot puts in a lot of work so deserves it ..                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Ah yes Scunny have been to a few meetings there and never been dissapointed  with the Raceing if only Scunny were that bit closer..

Edited by fairplay1

What a bitter disappointment last night was after the previous week did not expect that.Agree with Fairplay think a lot of people felt like going home early,was torture to watch early on beaten out the gate they will need to be sharper next week.Congratulations to Diamonds on their win Morris was good and good to see Matty scoring some big points.next week it might be Lakeside hitting 50 points.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Crikey Berwick must be terrible... 

Well they weren't last week when they beat the all dominating Glasgow Tigers. Course they could have been riding against a better gating side last night, it happens. :D

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Well they weren't last week when they beat the all dominating Glasgow Tigers. Course they could have been riding against a better gating side last night, it happens. :D

Summed it up in one word there, gating. When the track is as slick as last night, gating is paramount. You could see Summers, NBJ, Howe all searching for drive round the banking, but nothing there. Hopefully next week the track will have a bit more grip on it, like the Glasgow meeting, because, if not, I fear for another defeat with Lakeside here.

14 hours ago, fairplay1 said:

First time I have attended the Speedway for a long time but it will be a lot longer before I go back , That tonight can only be described as total complete garbage and a complete waste of 15 quid the fact that other people were  with me was the only thing that stopped me from leaving early . Entertainment value was NIL...

Fair enough, as a contest it was well over at the interval at 20-40.  Although Berwick did 'win' the last five heats 21-9!   

But define  'entertainment'.  Do you mean the team losing, or more than that? 

16 hours ago, Tonystark said:

Lindgren is abysmal I'm afraid 

You obviously weren't there. Won heat 1 comfortably. Huge engine blow when third (paid 2nd) in his second ride. That's two engines confined to the scrap merchant this season already. Missed the gare and a poor 3rd on his 2nd (and  blatantly slower bike). 2nd in heat 13 (the HEAT LEADERS race) ahead of Berwocks No. 1. Chain break which put him head first into fence on bend 3/4 in heat 15 when 2nd. Could have easily hit double figures last night.

• Like 1

On ‎21‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 12:27 PM, viewfromthe3rdbend said:

55-35 to Berwick if they have same level of performance as last week plus bonus of having Jye back.

Not one of my better predictions :D:D fair play to the Diamonds especially Ashley Morris & Matthew Wethers.

Very few people taking their places at Shielfield last night would have predicted what was about to happen, but take nothing away from Newcastle they thoroughly deserved their win and had Berwick not finally got into some kind of form in the later races Newcastle`s win might've been all the more convincing. Gating was vital last night and the away team were far better in virtually every race and with track conditions ultra slick passing was always going to be difficult.

Hopefully for Berwick this performance was a one off, and it might be a blessing that it was in a non league match that saw such a poor night for normally reliable riders. I guess we will get some answers next week against a handy looking Lakeside team.

Thank you and well done to Dick Barrie on a perfect tribute to the late Ivan Mauger and letting us remember Berwick supporter Martin Hastings.

• Like 4

Hopefully a few arses have been kicked into gear because that really was not acceptable! The 2nd half made it respectable but to get beaten out the gate like that so regularly was concerning! 

I'm a mug but I will be there next week.. It's a challenge match so that makes things a little easier to deal with. Maybe that's a warning to not be complacent against anyone! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Fair enough, as a contest it was well over at the interval at 20-40.  Although Berwick did 'win' the last five heats 21-9!   

But define  'entertainment'.  Do you mean the team losing, or more than that? 

The Team losing matters not one jot to me by entertainment I want to see passing not follow the leader I and lots of other people came away feeling it was time and money wasted..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fairplay1 said:

The Team losing matters not one jot to me by entertainment I want to see passing not follow the leader I and lots of other people came away feeling it was time and money wasted..

Exactly.Huge opportunity to build on what was a happy,entertained crowd after a great meeting last week blown big time.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, alang said:

Exactly.Huge opportunity to build on what was a happy,entertained crowd after a great meeting last week blown big time.

Makes next weeks meeting very big, a home win and the good times will be back, losing doesn't bare thinking about.

Would the team be better balanced if Kevin and David were at 3 and 4 and John at 2 for a wee while before going down to 7 (or 8!)