British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bandits4eva

Berwick vs Newcastle 31/03/18 1st Leg TTT

7 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Fair enough, as a contest it was well over at the interval at 20-40.  Although Berwick did 'win' the last five heats 21-9!   

But define  'entertainment'.  Do you mean the team losing, or more than that? 

Entertainment to my mind is where ever race is not over by the first bend and if it is your track staff are directed to sort it out. I remember a number of years ago being at Workington when the Bandits were taking a comfortable lead after four heats out came Messers Stonehewer and Thomas with the track staff and that track was completely changed allowing a easy win for the Comets. 

It was clear our guys were being out gated but there was nothing for them to work with once they left the gate. If you ain’t got home advantage after the first four heats make dam sure you do after heat five. 

I rest my case!!! 

• Like 4

On 4/22/2018 at 9:00 PM, havenagotahope said:

Entertainment to my mind is where ever race is not over by the first bend and if it is your track staff are directed to sort it out. I remember a number of years ago being at Workington when the Bandits were taking a comfortable lead after four heats out came Messers Stonehewer and Thomas with the track staff and that track was completely changed allowing a easy win for the Comets. 

It was clear our guys were being out gated but there was nothing for them to work with once they left the gate. If you ain’t got home advantage after the first four heats make dam sure you do after heat five. 

I rest my case!!! 

I wasn't there on Saturday so not really able to comment too much.  Here is my problem, the week before against Glasgow, the track preparation was really good, very slick but that's speedway nowadays, our riders rode it and attacked it brilliantly.  So they prepare a track that suits our riders then change it the following week to a track that does not suit them, WHY ? The weather was brilliant there was no forecast for rain, the track could have been watered and packed every day, as there was football on the Saturday, nominal track prep on the Saturday morning until 12.00.  Reminds me of the World under 21s meeting, track was spot on, some of the best racing I have seen at Berwick,  one week later one of the worst prepared tracks  I have ever seen.r

• Like 1

On 25/04/2018 at 11:29 AM, balderdash&piffle said:

I wasn't there on Saturday so not really able to comment too much.  Here is my problem, the week before against Glasgow, the track preparation was really good, very slick but that's speedway nowadays, our riders rode it and attacked it brilliantly.  So they prepare a track that suits our riders then change it the following week to a track that does not suit them, WHY ? The weather was brilliant there was no forecast for rain, the track could have been watered and packed every day, as there was football on the Saturday, nominal track prep on the Saturday morning until 12.00.  Reminds me of the World under 21s meeting, track was spot on, some of the best racing I have seen at Berwick,  one week later one of the worst prepared tracks  I have ever seen.r

It's a basic requirement to provide a track that the home riders can ride rather than the opposition.

52 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

It's a basic requirement to provide a track that the home riders can ride rather than the opposition.

While I agree,the riders nowadays seem to make excuses for their inability to work out what track conditions are before the meeting starts.Ok it was different from the week before but the Newcastle riders manage to figure it out before the meeting started.The people preparing the track should be able to tell he home riders what track conditions are on a weekly basis( even if they are different from previous week),experienced riders like Berwick have should have very little difficulty IMO..

• Like 1

Don’t you just love it when people pass comment on something they obviously know nothing about !!  I personally have spoken to four Berwick riders today and they all said the track was very similar to the week before and was good, slightly slicker due to the ground heat and wind and razor unable to water in the afternoon due to Berwick Rangers playing at home, the problem was theirs and not the track !

1 hour ago, Heedthebaw said:

Don’t you just love it when people pass comment on something they obviously know nothing about !!  I personally have spoken to four Berwick riders today and they all said the track was very similar to the week before and was good, slightly slicker due to the ground heat and wind and razor unable to water in the afternoon due to Berwick Rangers playing at home, the problem was theirs and not the track !

That is what I am saying is it not,with their expieriance the track should not be the problem however it is prepared.i don't think Newcastle are front runners this year so we better be " on the ball" when some of the others come visiting.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1