British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bandits4eva

Berwick vs Newcastle 31/03/18 1st Leg TTT

Time to start the first meeting related thread for Berwick! 

Going to take this match for what it is.. A challenge match! All I'm hoping is that we can have a good nights entertainment, with a home win and perhaps make it big enough to give us a chance for the agg win on the Sunday! 

Ill be surprised if there is a big travelling support given how disgruntled quite a few fans are with their line up! 

If all goes ahead, I expect a 10-12 point lead to take to Newcastle on Sunday :approve: 

Not sure on the line ups but for Berwixk, we should no more by tomorrow :approve: 

Looking  forward to it :-)

6 minutes ago, balderdash&piffle said:

Considering the financial situation at Newcastle, they are lucky to be running, and the fans should be pleased at that

I think most are pleased we are running, but you always get the few who will have a go, simply becaise they can.

I'll be there, supporting the team as usual.  Not expecting a win, but providing we are entertained, I'm not too concerned.

• Like 1

With today's poor forecast for rain all day and tomorrow's showery forecast I think the track was covered first thing this morning so well done to all involved.

Can see this one falling victim to the weather. :sad:

Edited by diamond@heart

The covers done wonders last season ensuring we had no rainoffs so fingers crossed for tomorrow night. Yes well done to all involved in getting them down.

If you go by the numbers at press and practice last night then it's; 

1. Aaron Summers

2. Kevin Doolan 

3. John Lindman

4. David Howe

5. Nikolaj Busk Jacobsen

6. Jye Etheridge

7. Danny Gappmaier

Hopefully it will remember to stop raining 

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message including your mobile phone number.

Thanks

Wet all day yesterday and currently raining now and forecast to stay that way for much of the day. Yes the covers have been down since early yesterday and have saved many a meeting but in most cases the rain has passed by the time the covers have been removed, time will tell if this weather moves on.

Quite wet and raining down here too, so maybe the Tyne Tweed Toffee-hammer will have to go on the back burner for now :(

Meeting OFF 

So much for covers...

21 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Meeting OFF 

So much for covers...

Thats a bit harsh Steve, course they don't work underwater.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Meeting OFF 

So much for covers...

You want to stand in the rain and watch them race on the covers  then I take it ?

• Haha 2