British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bandits4eva

Berwick vs Newcastle 31/03/18 1st Leg TTT

21 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Meeting OFF 

So much for covers...

In the past there is no denying that covers have saved meetings, in this case I suspect there is no real window of drier weather forecast for the removal of the covers and then track work to happen. Well done to the promotion for an early decision saving people a wasted trip.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, screm said:

In the past there is no denying that covers have saved meetings, in this case I suspect there is no real window of drier weather forecast for the removal of the covers and then track work to happen. Well done to the promotion for an early decision saving people a wasted trip.

maybe you can now use the spare time to mend your computer ;)

38 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Meeting OFF 

So much for covers...

Wouldn't be a bit of a sad dig on your behalf there, would it? 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Meeting OFF 

So much for covers...

better to have tried and failed ... typical of our promotion that they put so much effort into getting the meeting on. Annoying that for the first time they have failed to beat the weather. Would still say that six meetings saved and one lost is a damned good justification for investing in cover ... but feel free to smugly mock. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

maybe you can now use the spare time to mend your computer ;)

I'm on it and appreciate the help giving so far.

11 minutes ago, George Dodds said:

better to have tried and failed ... typical of our promotion that they put so much effort into getting the meeting on. Annoying that for the first time they have failed to beat the weather. Would still say that six meetings saved and one lost is a damned good justification for investing in cover ... but feel free to smugly mock. 

Absolutely, Berwick have shown the way that covers do work for the most part, for that they deserve credit.

1 hour ago, StevePark said:

Meeting OFF 

So much for covers...

If the rain decides to stop the track could possibly be ok?

The carpark was slightly soft on Thursday night so I would think after 2 more days of rain I wouldn't think it would be the best for parking.

Edited by sparks123

11 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Just because Newcastle have a bunch of lazy fans who wouldn’t put the covers down for poor old Steve he’ll have a dig at the track who do.

We have plenty of volunteers to put sheets down.  Access to the stadium is the problem and, with a dog meeting every Saturday afternoon and night, there is no timescale available to put them down, before a Sunday evening.  Could Berwick have been able to cover the track if Berwick Rangers had been at home today (genuine question)?

It wasn't supposed to be a dig at the track/promotion/volunteers.  It was a dig at 1) the weather and 2) those who think that covers will save every meeting.  

I was at the FIM meeting a couple of years back when we were standing around for 50 mins whilst the FIM made the decision to call the meeting off, something that could have been done an hour and half earlier.  That proved back then they work, but only if it's stops raining in time.

Been waiting for the first time covers fail to save a meeting, because I knew there would be people out there waiting to gloat. Speaks volumes about the mentality of some people.

• Like 2

Here's my stupid question for the day. Assuming you have covers, where does the rain go if no sunshine or warm air to allow evaporation? I would imagine it would run off onto the track surface as soon as the covers were uplifted. Certainly don't imagine that they provide an absolute guarantee of no rain offs, but I am sure in many circumstances they would allow meetings which otherwise would have been cancelled, to go ahead. Full marks and respect to Berwick and other tracks who have the desire and resource to utilise covers. Not sure it would work at Brough mind because of the notoriously poor drainage (Tsunami might enlighten us?)

not the best start to the season for Berwick and Newcastle fans , but fear not . just nip over to workington speedway and get in for tenner (£5.00 of which goers directly to the BEN FUND  )SO 20 HEATS OF PURE ACTION AND GOOD OLD FASHIONED CUMBRIAN WEATHER TO GO WITH IT ) Brrr !

still bright but chilly over here . so stick an extra £10.00 in the fuel tank and whizz over . dont forget to paint a boiled egg for the comp .(but not while driving)

get there early and make a claim on that bit of concrete and warm it up . good line up of riders / ENJOY ...

FORGOT TO ADD , YOU NEED TO BRING YOUR SEASON TICKET BOOK TO GET THE DISCOUNT .

i have a family member coming all the way from HULL to see this one , can anyone beat that ?

Edited by jenga

32 minutes ago, jenga said:

not the best start to the season for Berwick and Newcastle fans , but fear not . just nip over to workington speedway and get in for tenner (£5.00 of which goers directly to the BEN FUND  )SO 20 HEATS OF PURE ACTION AND GOOD OLD FASHIONED CUMBRIAN WEATHER TO GO WITH IT ) Brrr !

still bright but chilly over here . so stick an extra £10.00 in the fuel tank and whizz over . dont forget to paint a boiled egg for the comp .(but not while driving)

get there early and make a claim on that bit of concrete and warm it up . good line up of riders / ENJOY ...

i have a family member coming all the way from HULL to see this one , can anyone beat that ?

Sommelier was travelling up from Bristol  for the Workington match.

Match at Newcastle tomorrow is off as well.:(

34 minutes ago, jenga said:

Most places will beat Hull, it’s a sh*thole :D

• Like 1

good to see your usual standard of twisting a post is  still carrying on lol .

forgot about the poster from Bristol .  (HULL ...city of culture wasnt it ?)

Edited by jenga