British Speedway Forum
SharpenRake

Edinburgh v Glasgow Scottish Cup 2nd leg 30 March 2018

Surprised that no ones started a thread with the match finely balance at 50-40 to Glasgow.

Edinburgh seem confident and even Phil Lanning suggests Glasgow were flattered by the score - see interview with Matt Williamson posted here on 24 March here https://twitter.com/SpeedwayGB

and I thought Phil got paid by Glasgow :o

Edited by SharpenRake

14 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Surprised that no ones started a thread with the match finely balance at 50-40 to Glasgow.

Edinburgh seem confident and even Phil Lanning suggests Glasgow were flattered by the score - see interview with Matt Williamson posted here on 24 March here https://twitter.com/SpeedwayGB

and I thought Phil got paid by Glasgow :o

To be fair on the night it did flatter us slightly with Richie on his second bike and our numerous tape offences.

Need to sort out the issues but i think we should have enough to win on aggregate.

I'd be worried if you don't Gazc, it'll take a month or so for the Monarchs to get going IMO unless Mark Riss or the Swede make a fist of 3rd HL from the off.

I`d  be  happy  with a  win on the  night. All  Weegie  heatleaders  ride  our  place  well,  only  Viss  looks  like  bambi on ice  at the  dale  

We  might have  an advantage  at reserve  but  if  Skippy  behaves  he  can  win  heats.

Likely  to  take  Max and  Billy a  few  weeks  to  get  the  hang  of  our  wonderful  oval,  so that  puts  lots  of  pressure  on  Ricky and  the  germans.

Looks  like  the  weather  will  play  ball.

Bring it on. 

Looking forward to seeing some racing back at Armadale once again. Personally feel like any win would be a good result for us tomorrow against a Glasgow side who’s riders are very useful around the Dale, apart from the big Dane. 

More competive Laps under their belts as well for the boys prior to the proper stuff starting.

Think Edin will win it but not the aggregate.  Around 47-43 scoreline.  

Unfortunately think weather will win this one.  Poor start to the day and not looking like much improvement.  Even seen snow forecast later.  

31 minutes ago, Cj69 said:

Think Edin will win it but not the aggregate.  Around 47-43 scoreline.  

Unfortunately think weather will win this one.  Poor start to the day and not looking like much improvement.  Even seen snow forecast later.  

The forecast doesn't look too bad nothing wrong with some natural watering and with the excellent track staff everything should be fine 

Using track covers ?

14 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

MEETING OFF

Glad i was working take it more rain has fallen tonight ?.

3 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Glad i was working take it more rain has fallen tonight ?.

Unfortunately it has yes

6 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Unfortunately it has yes

Season should always start no earlier than mid-April, whilst the weather is unpredictable all year round starting in March is asking for trouble.

We were fortunate we got a small window were it was reasonably dry last week.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 3