British Speedway Forum
SharpenRake

Edinburgh v Glasgow Scottish Cup 2nd leg 30 March 2018

4 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Buying online you can either attend another match if you can’t or don’t want to you can ask for a refund on your ticket and it will be refunded. 

Been there. Got the T shirt. Match probably re-arranged right in the middle of my annual holiday.

So, after entering my life story in their website and devising a password comprising 19 letters and 7 numerals but no punctuation marks, refund received less booking fee and admin charge.

Phone them to complain. "Your call is extremely important to us so please hang on, at premium rates, while our only employee finishes his tea break. In the interim, listen to this awful music."

Eventually speak to some guy in Mumbai who doesn't speak understandable English and hasn't heard the expression "effing con artistes". 

I once got charged a "convenience charge" of £5 when trying to pay a parking fine by debit card online! So I sent them a cheque with a note saying "See how convenient this is for you when you have to take it to a bank in the nearest big town with no adjacent parking and get charged by the bank for paying it in".

Not for me, mate. I'll stick to cash at the turnstiles.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

Jeez he didn't whine. He said he was disappointed and frustrated just like every Glasgow fan that travelled through. Like the fans that phoned the track and no one answered, like the fans that looked at Facebook and saw a post urging them to turn up, despite it apparently been raining for some time and the fans that turned up when it wasn't raining to be told it was of. So stop trying to divert attention away from the real issue here which is the shocking way the Edinburgh promotion treat fans

Bang on!!!! 

• Like 1

Clubs should perhaps be more honest when asked about weather conditions at the track or the likelihood that meetings will go ahead but to a large extent they are damned if they do and damned if they don't with early call offs. I would also argue that if you travel to a meeting as a supporter when the forecast is poor you can't moan too much if you get there and its off.

As for Bomber he has a week old child at home so he deserves to be cut a bit of slack for being frustrated. It's a shame people feel the need to put the boot in so quickly on sportsmen or any public figures nowadays.

• Like 2

The Edinburgh promotion have the same weather reports as you and l, so they were hopeful at the very least. ln seasons past they have been quick to call meetings off so wby not last night?

As for bomber he has a right to feel exasperated, As do all other riders and fans. Its not speedway weather at the moment and why they try and run meetings in march is beyond me all you have to do is look at the fixtures that were cancelled last night. So everybody just cheer up the action will start soon enough.

Part and parcel of riding for a team that you live hundreds of miles from. Meetings will be called off late, calling the meeting off yesterday at lunchtime would have been madness. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, tyretrax said:

Not according to a Monarch supporting friend who is local to the track.

No reply yet mate will be hastily preparing weather reports as we speak.

On ‎31‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 5:39 PM, JanAnderson said:

Part and parcel of riding for a team that you live hundreds of miles from. Meetings will be called off late, calling the meeting off yesterday at lunchtime would have been madness. 

Explain why it would be madness from what we are led to believe the track was sodden after heavy rainfall at 10 am and with the forecast for further rain during the day, rather than it being madness it would have been sensible to call the inevitable

But they decide to go on a wing and a prayer and cause numerous people time , effort and money when it could have been so much easier for all concerned.

Or maybe just maybe they were hoping to get some through the turnstiles before calling it, not like that has ever happened before by the chuckle brothers. oh wait it has sorry.

11 hours ago, Gazc said:

Explain why it would be madness from what we are led to believe the track was sodden after heavy rainfall at 10 am and with the forecast for further rain during the day, rather than it being madness it would have been sensible to call the inevitable

But they decide to go on a wing and a prayer and cause numerous people time , effort and money when it could have been so much easier for all concerned.

Or maybe just maybe they were hoping to get some through the turnstiles before calling it, not like that has ever happened before by the chuckle brothers. oh wait it has sorry.

Hi Gaz, lovely to chat again. 

Had the rain stopped as forecast I have no doubt the track would have been prepared and raceable.

As for your last point, I think you’re spot on; that’s definitely what they were up to. I mean let’s put aside the fact that the meeting was called off before the gates opened. 

The meeting was called off well before most people needed to leave to get there. Chris Harris should maybe move to Coatbridge or some other Weej outpost. 

Love, your favourite Monarch, Jan. xxx 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JanAnderson said:

Hi Gaz, lovely to chat again. 

Had the rain stopped as forecast I have no doubt the track would have been prepared and raceable.

As for your last point, I think you’re spot on; that’s definitely what they were up to. I mean let’s put aside the fact that the meeting was called off before the gates opened. 

The meeting was called off well before most people needed to leave to get there. Chris Harris should maybe move to Coatbridge or some other Weej outpost. 

Love, your favourite Monarch, Jan. xxx 

Track expert now as for the last point i have no doubt if they could have got away with opening the gates they would have.

They have previous for it just my opinion of course.

Whilst when to call off a meeting is a no win situation these days,I fail to see see what Harris is whinging about as a Professional sportsman he should not be sitting around at lunchtime waiting for a meeting to be called off ,a late rain has never been uncommon in Speedway.Like posters are saying if the rain ceased an hour before start time I sure the track could be prepared for racing ,I have seen the situation many times throughout the years I have attended.The trouble  nowadays you don't get meeting run in wet conditions as the riders don't like it. Although the whole Country have been suffering the last week with the weather in Britain it can be very localised.

The riders want their cake and eat these days.

52 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Track expert now as for the last point i have no doubt if they could have got away with opening the gates they would have.

They have previous for it just my opinion of course.

We get it, you think the Edinburgh promotion are shysters and maybe you’re right. They’re bloody good at plucking riders from obscurity and winning stuff though so I’ll let them off. Xx

28 minutes ago, JanAnderson said:

We get it, you think the Edinburgh promotion are shysters and maybe you’re right. They’re bloody good at plucking riders from obscurity and winning stuff though so I’ll let them off. Xx

Finally he get's it .