British Speedway Forum
SharpenRake

Edinburgh v Glasgow Scottish Cup 2nd leg 30 March 2018

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Whilst when to call off a meeting is a no win situation these days,I fail to see see what Harris is whinging about as a Professional sportsman he should not be sitting around at lunchtime waiting for a meeting to be called off ,a late rain has never been uncommon in Speedway.Like posters are saying if the rain ceased an hour before start time I sure the track could be prepared for racing ,I have seen the situation many times throughout the years I have attended.The trouble  nowadays you don't get meeting run in wet conditions as the riders don't like it. Although the whole Country have been suffering the last week with the weather in Britain it can be very localised.

The riders want their cake and eat these days.

The reason you fail to see what he is 'whinging' about is because he isn't whinging. Feel free to look up the definition. He expressed his frustration and disappointment and with his circumstances - wife just had a baby etc etc, most sensible people would have no problem with him doing that. Its not as if he phoned up and say he was unwell; he didn't throw his dummy out of the pram; he didn't say that the Edinburgh promotion are an embarrassment and should be banned from promoting; he didn't say Nicki Pedersen knocked me off and its not fair. Ironically the only people whinging are those having a go at Harris :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

The reason you fail to see what he is 'whinging' about is because he isn't whinging. Feel free to look up the definition. He expressed his frustration and disappointment and with his circumstances - wife just had a baby etc etc, most sensible people would have no problem with him doing that. Its not as if he phoned up and say he was unwell; he didn't throw his dummy out of the pram; he didn't say that the Edinburgh promotion are an embarrassment and should be banned from promoting; he didn't say Nicki Pedersen knocked me off and its not fair. Ironically the only people whinging are those having a go at Harris :rolleyes:

7 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

Really,thanks.

ps 

Who told him the meeting was never going to be on?

Edited by Fromafar
Never finish quote
  • Sad 1

The Edinburgh promotion do everything they possibly can to get meetings on and that is fine by me. Much rather that than tracks that don't bother their backside. Sometimes that means they wait longer than they probably should but there was no way they were going to call that meeting off last week early. First match of the season after loads of publicity with a huge crowd expected, they were desperate to get it on. There were forecasts that gave the match a chance so there was always hope. Unfortunately those forecasts were wrong. 

• Like 1