British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sings4Speedway

How many fixtures run over Easter?

Depressing topic but with 19? fixtures scheduled to run over Easter and a miserable weather forecast how many do people think will actually run? (will count meetings that get to 10 heats and result decided as completed)

Im going for just 2 Scunny v Edin & the Fen Fours @ Mildenhall

Ah! days gone by...the Easter 3TT involving Oxford, Swindon and Reading. Oxford on Good Friday, Swindon on the Saturday and Reading Easter Monday. Those were the days!

• Like 7

BV Colts - Coventry run that is 1, but agree do not expect many more to take place.

Today friday, 7 meetings scheduled and only 1 run

Edited by A ORLOV

On 29 March 2018 at 8:42 AM, Sings4Speedway said:

Depressing topic but with 19? fixtures scheduled to run over Easter and a miserable weather forecast how many do people think will actually run? (will count meetings that get to 10 heats and result decided as completed)

Will Berwicks track covers prove you wrong.!

BITTER blow for British speedway as a whole with so many of the traditional Easter meetings postponed. There had been a lot of positivity about the start of the season with noticeably many more tracks using social media, and quite impressively too. 

• Like 2

Saturday only 1 meeting  run

All of Sundays 3 meetings have been postponed. 

Edited by A ORLOV

Could this weekend prove to be troublesome for some clubs?

Substantial amounts of extra ££'s lost compared to the regular meetings in a season.

Todays meeting at Peterborough is my 4th rain off of the Easter break. Tomorrow at rye or Kent will probably be my 5th. The weekend must have been a financial disaster for some clubs.

Zero meetings today and with not the greatest forecast for many parts of the Country for tomorrow will mean many promoters are going to be left with a headache re-arranging these fixtures and with the leagues in Europe starting up soon maybe having fixed race nights for the top league will help get full teams to meetings and less guests.

15 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Could this weekend prove to be troublesome for some clubs?

Substantial amounts of extra ££'s lost compared to the regular meetings in a season.

Not only will they lose out on bumper Easter crowds, but it will also cause short term cashflow problems. Let's hope for a dry April/May so that meetings can run and as many fixtures as possible can be immediately rearranged.

On 3/29/2018 at 8:42 AM, Sings4Speedway said:

You were right with predicting 2 run out of 19 but the wrong two. Only meetings run were at BV and Workington.

13 hours ago, A ORLOV said:

You were right with predicting 2 run out of 19 but the wrong two. Only meetings run were at BV and Workington.

Which I suppose is quite surprising really as Manchester and the Lake District are usually ~ rightly or wrongly ~ areas that are perceived to get wet weather. 

• Like 1

I take no joy in getting the amount correct as i got no speedway fix all weekend. I went with promotions that are ~ rightly or wrongly ~ more stubborn to the treat of adverse weather.

• Like 1

With almost every track taking some kind of financial 'hit' over the weekend, you gotta feel for promoters.  Well, a bit....