British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
topaz325

Cumberland Open 31/03/2018 19:00 hrs

see the workington 2018 thread DAN  

4 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Indeed. Also heartening from a Witches perspective that whilst others are lauding their number one’s for finishing in the losing positions, our number TWO is winning the meeting ;)

A bit of a waste having King at 1 & Schlein at 2.:shock: :rolleyes: 

Personaly, I would have him at 5 :wink: :approve:

14 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

A bit of a waste having King at 1 & Schlein at 2.:shock: :rolleyes: 

Personaly, I would have him at 5 :wink: :approve:

Covatti at 5 *again as good as a few No1s :P

Rory in 3/4 partnership with our 4th heat leader Heeps ;)

yes, I noticed that later, after reading the P'boro v Ippo thread

• Like 1

Pretty moderate first meeting for me, gate and go for most of it with a handful of good races thrown in?

First three were probably the best on the night and deserved to be there tho that blatant rolling start by Wells in the last possibly cost Nicholls that third place, on count back he'd beaten Howarth previous so could have nicked the podium with a win, amazed he wasn't pulled back for that old Ricky?? :D

Seriously hoping that Rasmus has a better engine than that one, wont get round DP in front on that thing, well off the pace? :(

Liked the look of Campton/Bewley and young Bickley showed some promise tho I think he knows now just what he's up against, still, he'll do a job for us, dont doubt that!! :t:

Fairly ordinary performances from Bach/Klindt but they should improve alright so for a first look in I'm happy enough with what I saw of the team tonight, definitely up against it with some of these guys which we did expect but.....we'll be OK once we get going!! ;)

I see Nicholls was testing the new Godden engine. Anyone who was there, can you say how it looked compared to the others in terms of speed/ traction?

10 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

I see Nicholls was testing the new Godden engine. Anyone who was there, can you say how it looked compared to the others in terms of speed/ traction?

He was very much on the pace. You wouldn't have guessed if u diddnt know 

Thanks Phil, good to hear - I hope it continues into production, up the Brits!